A new beginning

wilsontantw

• SRC Member

yes I love the louvre!

Still upset that I couldn't snap a picture of Mona Lisa. I thought the section was no cameras allowed but all my other friends who went managed to take photos. And the coronation of Napolean too!

ok I'm really side-tracking here... enjoy yourself!

yes I love the louvre!

Still upset that I couldn't snap a picture of Mona Lisa. I thought the section was no cameras allowed but all my other friends who went managed to take photos. And the coronation of Napolean too!

ok I'm really side-tracking here... enjoy yourself!

believe me that i was at louvre but didnt go into the musuem itself! haha... it was too crowded and we had more important places to go! LV was the real reason (not Lourve) why we were at Paris and i rewarded myself with a new belt! woo hoo....

gotta go Rotterdam now, so see you guys later tonight (or early morning SG time)...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

believe me that i was at louvre but didnt go into the musuem itself! haha... it was too crowded and we had more important places to go! LV was the real reason (not Lourve) why we were at Paris and i rewarded myself with a new belt! woo hoo....

gotta go Rotterdam now, so see you guys later tonight (or early morning SG time)...

Haha there's actually a side entrance that you don't need to queue to get in... not alot of ppl know of it :P

wootz! Must start a new thread when ure back and post all your photos :)

• SRC Member

woah... everything looking good man, thanks a million.

zoas - much better than expected! i kinda expect half the RB zoas to KIA.

rics - 2 of the green rics seemed to have shifted position. hehe i know, cos the 2 were placed at a particular spot to cover some ugly rock hole.

bubble - good size now! seemed like it just enjoyed a good feast...

multicolour acan - nice nice nice... glad to see it surviving!

duncan - beautiful! like you said, this is my success story.

super sun - all polyps open wor

alveo - think it seems like it needs some feeding...

haiya, overall looking damn good, now i can enjoy the rest of my holidays... thanks much bro...

as for the mantis, somehow i just think you guys had it for supper and left it's carcass. doubt it's in main tank, else i would have received a sms from you already.

though, it would have been pretty cool to keep a separate mantis pico hor.

Lol... okok will target feed the alveo when i pop by again...anyway did water change for you too... all water finish liao.. lol...

rics missing? hmm... i think there was a rock of 2 green one that is near the sandbed... i think it must have dropped... pinch.gif Thot you place it there intentionally.. hahaha...

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Lol... okok will target feed the alveo when i pop by again...anyway did water change for you too... all water finish liao.. lol...

rics missing? hmm... i think there was a rock of 2 green one that is near the sandbed... i think it must have dropped... pinch.gif Thot you place it there intentionally.. hahaha...

yes thats very wise wilson... alveo really need target feeding to survive long term if your water is LN.

GJ ray hahaha

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

ah.... bro, it's ok lah, i think u've helped a lot already bro. Wow the entire container of water all finished?!? that's like a good 5 pails of water when i first prepared.

The rest can wait till i get back on Tues morning (eta 0630hrs). Cant trouble you too much lah... In any case, there's also not enuff salt left, cant do anything too. I'll pop by pasir ris to buy salt and check out some live stock. Too long never shop for marine stuff, hands very itchy.

time flies huh, its just another 3 more days before holiday ends... sigh. Reality is beginning to set in.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

yes thats very wise wilson... alveo really need target feeding to survive long term if your water is LN.

GJ ray hahaha

hey bro... thanks for the advice man! i also think my water is LN as there are no livestocks in the main tank at all.

my first task is to ensure that the existing livestock can survive in main tank before i buy any new ones...

hope i can find another hardworking kole like my previous one.

and yes, credit to Ray for keeping everything alive during the past 2-3 weeks.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Lourve is amazing... i can spend 3 days there and i think still cannot finish seeing all the art work. :)

dude, 3 days just at lourve?? no way... i admit, i'm not that much of a art lover... THough i am really impressed with all the architecture... i'm very impressed with the old buildings in europe... so much culture and heritage.

oh today's trip to rotterdam was a very enriching one... enroute, we stopped by a small town where there were windmills, the traditional ones... so beautiful man... will share some pix when im back.

anyway, weather has been really really cold, its all the while below 20degrees, and today was a cold 3degrees. Think i'm going to suffer when back in town.

But first, need to ensure that my luggages are within the weight limit... with all the shopping, there's a very high chance that we will exceed the 50kg limit.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

dude, 3 days just at lourve?? no way... i admit, i'm not that much of a art lover... THough i am really impressed with all the architecture... i'm very impressed with the old buildings in europe... so much culture and heritage.

oh today's trip to rotterdam was a very enriching one... enroute, we stopped by a small town where there were windmills, the traditional ones... so beautiful man... will share some pix when im back.

anyway, weather has been really really cold, its all the while below 20degrees, and today was a cold 3degrees. Think i'm going to suffer when back in town.

But first, need to ensure that my luggages are within the weight limit... with all the shopping, there's a very high chance that we will exceed the 50kg limit.

u will get charge or ship it back via freight

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

yo chercm, im trying to siam the $$$ mah, thats why im trying to keep within the weight limit.

my sis flies with SQ and is travelling together, :idea:

:)

worse case will just leave it at my cousin's place here and get my sis to pick it up next time when she flies to amsterdam.

i dun believe in paying for xtra luggage weight lah.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Murphy strikes again!

Schipol airport closed due to volcanic ash cloud.

Flight delayed! Boo hoo hoo. Just when I'm about to finish breakfast and leave for airport.

Good service from SQ to call and inform their passengers.

I hate Murphy!!!!

And it's true, late last week, Murphy visited the tank. :(

think I may have lost some stuff.

£|+]¥#*€\¥[•[=€!@&$-";\£\¥$@/@/))?.@

Die Murphy, DIE!!!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

And it's true, late last week, Murphy visited the tank. sad.gif

think I may have lost some stuff.

£|+]¥#*€\¥[•[=€!@&$-";\£\¥$@/@/))?.@

Die Murphy, DIE!!!

Sorry to hear that bro.

Shit happens.....

Hoping I will nvr get a visit from Murphy.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

I understand how you feel wilson, my mom was stuck for 7 nights extra in london... at least SIA call you.. SIA never even call my mom. I call SIA to hound them more like it even though they confirm they had my mom mobile number in the system. The customer service can tell me the earliest they can give my mom a flight was 5th or 6th of MAY out of london when she was supposed to have flown back on the 16th of April at the time.. she ended up managing to go the SIA london office and got a ticket out on the 22nd of april!

I wrote a real nasty email to complain about SIA saying 1 thing and SIa london office doing another... surprisingly they replied however they have yet to reply to MY REPLY ... :P maybe they learnt that if an airline wants to brand itself as NUMBER ONE in good times, it better be NUMBER ONE in bad times as well.

sorry , I know the above is offtopic.gif but felt compelled to SHARE..

:P to validate this post, I"d say this though..... Wilson, your tank is in good hands! :P hee hee hee hee

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

I understand how you feel wilson, my mom was stuck for 7 nights extra in london... at least SIA call you.. SIA never even call my mom. I call SIA to hound them more like it even though they confirm they had my mom mobile number in the system. The customer service can tell me the earliest they can give my mom a flight was 5th or 6th of MAY out of london when she was supposed to have flown back on the 16th of April at the time.. she ended up managing to go the SIA london office and got a ticket out on the 22nd of april!

I wrote a real nasty email to complain about SIA saying 1 thing and SIa london office doing another... surprisingly they replied however they have yet to reply to MY REPLY ... tongue.gif maybe they learnt that if an airline wants to brand itself as NUMBER ONE in good times, it better be NUMBER ONE in bad times as well.

sorry , I know the above is offtopic.gif but felt compelled to SHARE..

tongue.gif to validate this post, I"d say this though..... Wilson, your tank is in good hands! tongue.gif hee hee hee hee

Sigh... desi... u haven heard of the lastest update??? cry.gif

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Hey. Heard abt what? I have to say I made a lot of good buddies here! My tank is still in good condition! Oh yes. Most corals are flourishing (those that were already in main tank).

For those who were privy to the "information". Let's just keep it privi.

I'll update on those that Murphy took with him later tonight or tomorrow.

I can't wait to go shopping again. In fact I bought some plates on the day I touched down. Hehe.

Gosh, wish there were more stuff to buy.

Hands itchy liao, must visit farms tmrw and Sunday!!!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

Hey. Heard abt what? I have to say I made a lot of good buddies here! My tank is still in good condition! Oh yes. Most corals are flourishing (those that were already in main tank).

For those who were privy to the "information". Let's just keep it privi.

I'll update on those that Murphy took with him later tonight or tomorrow.

I can't wait to go shopping again. In fact I bought some plates on the day I touched down. Hehe.

Gosh, wish there were more stuff to buy.

Hands itchy liao, must visit farms tmrw and Sunday!!!

haha your back? manage to get a flight? hehe

Hi guys. It's good to be back. Spent 2 days clearing up the mess at home and recovering from jetlag. Back to work too. But didn't enjoy that.

Wanted to do shopping this weekend, but spent some valuable time with my kid as he's sick. Spent corals $ on his medication instead. Cannot believe that it costs almost $300!!??!!

Main tank is in good condition except lots of grass growing. So time to look for a new tang.

Quick update on the situation:

I had a blue tub holding some corals and all Fish. Some rics and zoas were transferred to main tank before I travelled as those are more hardy.

My big cateye bubble was also transferred. And that proved to be a good move cos murphy (now my good friend) visited the blue tub and took most of the stuff with him.

The standby chiller hooked to the tub had it's thermostat fried during the last weekend of my trip. Sending water temp down to 15 degrees, possibly lower.

By the time Ray got to my place, it was disaster recovery. Condensation happened and my floor was flooded with water.

The super cold water killed almost everything, including a rare and super colourful cynarina.

Sadness.

Thank to Ray, who tirelessly cleaned up the mess for me without me going back to a stinking and flooded home.

Items now with Murphy:

2 cynarinas (luminous green and multi coloured)

duncans

50% of zoas

50% of mushies

candy cane

bright green mini bubble

red/lime green fused monti plate

chilli pepper monti

radioactive birdnest

pink pointed birdnest

haiya all sps lah. Obviously! Haha.

Fish wise:

1x Atlantic blue tang (almost 2 yrs old)

1x cleaner wrasse (2+ yrs old)

1x mandarin (2+ yrs old)

1x pipefish (1+ yrs old)

1x Kole tang (2 yrs old)

1x cleaner shrimp

The surprising survivors:

super sun: with all it's heads intact, no injury!

5x rhizos: no injuries too.

Fire shrimp: survived but dun looked too good.

Cleaner shrimp: actively feeding and scavaging for food.

Leopard wrasse: over 2 yrs old and going on strong!

Some zoas (in super bad shape)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Anyway, it's just one of those painful episode. April/May didn't weren't good for me in Marine sense.

First was the rescape boo boo, then now the Murphy's visit.

But in return, I had one of my best ever holidays.

As I'm posting using iPhone at my in laws place, I can't post photos. Will share some photos later tonight.

First priority is to let the tank mature again. All corals in main tank are looking good. Added a new bulb (Ikea) for algae scrubber. Reinstated the deltec skimmer. Used a new filter bag to trap dirt. Boy, it's cheap and good. Will share more later. Also did a round of water change abt 30litres.

Oh yes, forgot to add, lost about 10rics and a self-propogating plate coral too.

Cedric, thanks for the gift yeah! It does help to alleviate some pain. Super nice! Hopefully I can propogate them as fast as you!

I'll frag some of my version and pass to you another day.

Ray: hope you like the gift yah!

Jacky: very glad to see you back!

Hopefully can meet all you folks in some chiong shipment days soon!

It's good to be back!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|