A new beginning

wilsontantw

• SRC Member
Rics feeding time (only some are eating)...

post-13920-1265557700_thumb.jpg

Which are your new additions? I have never managed to successfully feed my rics... :whistle:rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

some corals on the right of the tank...

Peter: IMHO, the difference is in the details.. iphone can't get the details of the aussie... but once u examine closer, u'll know why the 'additional surcharge'! :eyebrow:haha .

Strangely, my duncan is not exactly in full bloom.. in fact, they look like not sure if they wanna open...

dunno what's wrong man... Does it need more time to acclimitise?? Hope it opens tomorrow.

post-13920-1265557927_thumb.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
some corals on the right of the tank...

Peter: IMHO, the difference is in the details.. iphone can't get the details of the aussie... but once u examine closer, u'll know why the 'additional surcharge'! :eyebrow:haha .

Strangely, my duncan is not exactly in full bloom.. in fact, they look like not sure if they wanna open...

dunno what's wrong man... Does it need more time to acclimitise?? Hope it opens tomorrow.

post-13920-1265557927_thumb.jpg

You got a 13 head Duncan??? How much is that??? :eyebrow: Duncans need quite a bit of light and they are pretty funny corals. I have a four head Duncan that only has 1 head opening up at any 1 time...the other three will never open whenever 1 of the other heads open... :upsidedown: Anyway, for Duncans, it may take some time for them to fully open and when they do, they can open up very huge... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Which are your new additions? I have never managed to successfully feed my rics... :whistle:rolleyes:

oooooOOOooooo try to use a balloon stick + syringe, it helps! (Tip: courtesy of Raydiative... haha)

After eating, they open super huge the next few days... but i dun really feed them every day, not even weekly...

Anyway, it's back to work again... i do have some new zoas... just realised that it's always advisable to 'skin' the zoas off the rock. Coz even after soaking the rock in freshwater for 10mins... i still see some 'small creatures' hiding within the rock after i 'cracked it up'...

Ray: I only managed to salvage 1 rock, the other one (with big hairy mushroom) is as good as dead... the rock stinks quite badly..

Do try to see if u can drop by this week k... let's try to clear before CNY.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
oooooOOOooooo try to use a balloon stick + syringe, it helps! (Tip: courtesy of Raydiative... haha)

After eating, they open super huge the next few days... but i dun really feed them every day, not even weekly...

Anyway, it's back to work again... i do have some new zoas... just realised that it's always advisable to 'skin' the zoas off the rock. Coz even after soaking the rock in freshwater for 10mins... i still see some 'small creatures' hiding within the rock after i 'cracked it up'...

Ray: I only managed to salvage 1 rock, the other one (with big hairy mushroom) is as good as dead... the rock stinks quite badly..

Wow....u are really packing up your tank before CNY... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

You got a 13 head Duncan??? How much is that??? :eyebrow: Duncans need quite a bit of light and they are pretty funny corals. I have a four head Duncan that only has 1 head opening up at any 1 time...the other three will never open whenever 1 of the other heads open... :upsidedown: Anyway, for Duncans, it may take some time for them to fully open and when they do, they can open up very huge... :eyebrow:

:eyebrow::eyebrow:

hhmm... dun talk price here lah... but let's jsut say, i hope it will open up soon... i'll been tryign to feed it with cyclo, henry's and some phytoplankton... let's give it another 2-3 days. I suspect it was too stressed during transportation... it was packed in a way that the tentacles cannot open in the bag. probably that's why.

I was reading up on it, it says moderate light + flow, and lighting must be slowly acclimitise... so i've turned off my MH for the time being... let it get used to my tank parameters first... will introduce the MH slowly (hr by hr)...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

wow gems!!! nice!! so how bro GO this wed? ray how?

very hard lah.. i dun drive to work anymore... so quite handicap...

hey, speaking of rescape, if you have some live rocks left over, let me know k... esp those big piece ones.

I think i'll try to do it over next weekend (just before CNY).

Eh, when are you going to update your tank thread???

anyway, me going to zonk shortly... its going to be a tough run to CNY at work.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
:eyebrow::eyebrow:

hhmm... dun talk price here lah... but let's jsut say, i hope it will open up soon... i'll been tryign to feed it with cyclo, henry's and some phytoplankton... let's give it another 2-3 days. I suspect it was too stressed during transportation... it was packed in a way that the tentacles cannot open in the bag. probably that's why.

I was reading up on it, it says moderate light + flow, and lighting must be slowly acclimitise... so i've turned off my MH for the time being... let it get used to my tank parameters first... will introduce the MH slowly (hr by hr)...

Feed your duncans with frozen mysis, brine shrimp or Henrys. It eats meaty stuff actually. But basically no need to feed it often. In fact, I seldom feed mine and it still opens up big other than the stupid 4 head Duncan that just opens 1 head for the last 2 months.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
wow gems!!! nice!! so how bro GO this wed? ray how?

Pre CNY stock up at GO... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer

duncans grow extremely fast given the right conditions. my 4 head duncan is now 11 heads. in only a few months. the best ones are the super neon green center with stripes. those are harder to find and so far only saw it from RD last aussie shipment. that's where i got mine from, and they're spectacular.

all duncans grow the same, just differ in colour only. i saw those at CF and some got potential to colour up to blue center. all the best!

feed them with mysis and their heads will open up extremely big... looks kinda like a small elegance. but don't feed too much. i made that mistake once by feeding 1 particular head too much, and the undigested food in the coral started rotting inside, and the head ended up melting ._.

• SRC Member

okok.. the insane pink one is opening well in my tank liao.. =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
what time??

Wow...Gathering at GO... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

uh huh. That pink us really deep dark pink. I've got some bright light pinks. Come over and collect them fast!! And ur blue mushy and Yuma. I need space!!! Haha.

Btw: no GO for me. Unless i can get the car or Jeremy gives me a lift. Hehe.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
uh huh. That pink us really deep dark pink. I've got some bright light pinks. Come over and collect them fast!! And ur blue mushy and Yuma. I need space!!! Haha.

haha.. try try... hopefully can come by soon.. if not means late night after 10?

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

What insane pink? Post post pics!!! i wanna see!!! and which one super suns or duncan?

what time??

Must find out what time their shipment is and most prob after work lor.

Can, we pick you up and nearest train staion...Bishan?

• SRC Member

Hey Wilson, long time no see haha. Your tank is looking great!

You still into RC these days? I was gonna PM you last month for advise on something.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Rics??? :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Hey Wilson, long time no see haha. Your tank is looking great!

You still into RC these days? I was gonna PM you last month for advise on something.

hey bro... its been a long time! just read your tank thread, realised you had a mini crash... and it's good to know you're back at it again (just like me). Let me know if u'r interested in anything in my tank... i'm eyeing your pink monti haha (if its still available)...

don't say advice leh... anything i can help... surely no problem.

btw: RC... haha.. the car is now on "display" in my boy's play room.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

What insane pink? Post post pics!!! i wanna see!!! and which one super suns or duncan?

Must find out what time their shipment is and most prob after work lor.

Can, we pick you up and nearest train staion...Bishan?

Bro, you asked for it...

The colours are not quite accurate - they are darker pink/lilac... how's the blue mushy doing? did the intensity maintain? mine seemed to be fading off slightly...

post-13920-1265633975_thumb.jpg

post-13920-1265633996_thumb.jpg

Just checked my wednesday schedule... My last meeting is at 5pm @ Bishan MRT station!!! How cool is that!

At your convenience bro... if its out of the way, then its okie.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|