My simple and humble tank

Digiman

I like the way your LR props up most of your corals like a 3-legged bridge. Can share how you manage that?

It's easy. I got three pieces of big rocks and assemble them into a bridge. Then the rest are smaller rocks or tonga branches stack on top depending on how i wan to put the corals.

It's v easy, no epoxy needed. Heavy rocks bottom and smaller and light pieces above.

I keep contact with the sandbed minimal to facilitate easy cleaning of the sandbed. I prefer minimalist scaping so not a lot of rocks are used to create more open space for fishes to swim. But at the same time must be enough to place all the corals i hav.

You mean the heavy rocks are just leaning against each other without epoxy? Is that stable?

Yes it's stable depending on how u place it. Big rocks are v heavy, so epoxy is v hard to bind them. But their own weight makes them v stable.

• SRC Member

naked clown and clarkii.. lol.. i am no fishy expert, but can definitely tell these are beautiful rarities.. :thumbsup: amazing collection of fishes u have..

• 4 weeks later...

Updates on the tank,

Both ventralis anthias finally died yesterday. They are too difficult for me, feeding v well but still get skinnier and died. Will never try ventralis again.

Sadly my CB latz clown also died yesterday, it went MIA. But it's already showing heavy breathing and torn fins, maybe high temp (26 degree) or may even be brooks tat caused its death. No problem feeding, the latz is eating pellets healthily and doing well for many weeks but since last three days it began to show torn fins and colour loss (some sliming which looks like brooks but too minor so i cant be sure) and heavy breathing and died yesterday. There are four more pieces at CF but i'm not trying anymore, CB clowns do not seem to do v well for me, they are too vulnerable to disease.

Also the curiosus wormfish died many days ago which is expected cos it does not feed at all.

Other fishes are doing v well.

Picture taken today compared to past photo shows that corals have grown in size. In fact the true octo has grown too big tat it became a nuisance stinging all the other corals beside it.

Now:

post-10328-0-89235700-1299392056_thumb.j

post-10328-0-21815200-1299392050_thumb.j

Before:

post-10328-0-83193600-1299392064_thumb.j

The mushroom has grown fluffier and has became the helfrichi favourite hang out area:

post-10328-0-85436400-1299392234_thumb.j

The candycane was stung by the true octo and injured, i took out cut off the dead heads and shifted it to the back. And the slot was replaced with one of my favourite coral, the duncan! Bought from CF, quite brown but according to lemon it can colour up and hopefully turn greener.

post-10328-0-99314200-1299392243_thumb.j

One of my favourite buy from Iwarna tonga corals shipment is the red lobo. It grew fluffier, but the colour seems to change to more pinkish den the red last time. Hope it's not sign of bleaching.

post-10328-0-82645100-1299392250_thumb.j

bro nice! just to check whats your daily source of food for the corals?

Hi, i dun feed my corals specifically, they are simple LPS and can jux do well from lights alone. However they may get extra nutrition when i feed my fishes. Cos i feed my fishes with mysis soak in selcon. And selcon is known to benefit corals. Other den selcon i dun use any other supplements.

your octo and mushies are nice, digiman!

Thank u.

My focus is still on fishes, i'm a v fish person, corals are secondary to me.

I've a v rare fish coming next week, i'll update again soon :)

Sorry to hear about your losses, bro. Your tank is still very colourful.

Do take note of the octo when it decides to drop some babies. They may sting other corals nearby.

Thank u for your advice. Yes it has dropped some "babies" before but normally they get blown off to the sandbed immediately and no chance to land on any corals. But now it's tentacles have expanded so long tat it's stinging the favia, chalice and candycane beside it.

I feel like using a pair of scissors to trim the long tentacles like how we trim SPS and is wondering whether tat is possible??

• Senior Reefer

lol don't trim your octo.

your tank will always be my favourite in terms of rare fish and your simple and humble coral scape matches the rare fish theme perfectly.

do send me photos of your ridiculously rare fishes next week so i can publish it in glassbox design. i know what it is but i won't say. keep everyone in suspense :)

your johnson's fairy wrasse has coloured up alot and grown quite a bit. your superstar fish!

thanks for taking care of things in Singapore for me while i'm gone. see you in 6 weeks!

your johnson's fairy wrasse has coloured up alot and grown quite a bit. your superstar fish!

Yes it has grown a lot a lot! It has coloured up nicely too especially the blue on the tail. But it does not qualify as a superstar fish in my tank somehow cos half the time i'm looking at my tank i'm not looking at the johnsoni but instead at my other fishes like tapeinosoma and rosae etc.

I need something more showy, more elegant, majestic and more attention seeking! I'm still waiting for such a fish to show up.

There is tang I and Jon find very nice...

But it is black and white and I dun think you might like it...

It is very big and very nice when it swims around...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

The mushroom has grown fluffier and has became the helfrichi favourite hang out area:

post-10328-0-85436400-1299392234_thumb.j

The candycane was stung by the true octo and injured, i took out cut off the dead heads and shifted it to the back. And the slot was replaced with one of my favourite coral, the duncan! Bought from CF, quite brown but according to lemon it can colour up and hopefully turn greener.

post-10328-0-99314200-1299392243_thumb.j

One of my favourite buy from Iwarna tonga corals shipment is the red lobo. It grew fluffier, but the colour seems to change to more pinkish den the red last time. Hope it's not sign of bleaching.

post-10328-0-82645100-1299392250_thumb.j

I must say that the first impression of your FTS looks great . The overall coloration / selection of corals inside your tank match so nicely thumbsup.gif