Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

Did something really stupid yesterday... I scratched my tank :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: Luckily it's on the outside... any bros/sis here with experience on how to fix it? I am very depressed now :erm:

just have to live with it i guess

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just have to live with it i guess

I remember I came across some products that can reduce the scratch lines... maybe will try DIY shop... luckily it's on the outside :pinch:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I remember I came across some products that can reduce the scratch lines... maybe will try DIY shop... luckily it's on the outside :pinch:

if it is acrylic, it will be easier to buff away =)

glass will be harder .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

if it is acrylic, it will be easier to buff away =)

glass will be harder .

Oh dear... I think can use sand paper... better check with reefers in Reefcentral <_<

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Spotted this giant snail trying to cross over :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: Super duper stress to the baby clam <_<

Luckily this snail is reef safe... imagine the horror if it isn't reef safe :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

post-6096-1201406944.jpg

post-6096-1201406974.jpg

• SRC Member

i understand how you feel jervis, it sure heartache to know you are the one who scratch it. :(:cry2:

make sure u do alot of research on it.

if you dunno how to do it, you will make it worst with alot more cloudy scratch marks.

and by doing that, you are creating stress concentration there, you are weakening that part of ur tank.

btw, how you scratch it? :(

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

i understand how you feel jervis, it sure heartache to know you are the one who scratch it. :(:cry2:

make sure u do alot of research on it.

if you dunno how to do it, you will make it worst with alot more cloudy scratch marks.

and by doing that, you are creating stress concentration there, you are weakening that part of ur tank.

btw, how you scratch it? :(

Yeah will do some serious research before making things worse... I was cleaning my magnet cleaner... left the outer part on the desk... somehow the magnet attracted a piece of metal wire (dunno from where)... when I joined the 2 magnets cleaner together and dragged... I knew something went terribly wrong :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

Surprise from the US :eyebrow:

From www.coralfanatics.com... shipping cost is USD120... will update later :paiseh: :paiseh: :paiseh:

Alamak...next time want to order pls ask me along meh..so we can share the shipping cost <_< !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
Did something really stupid yesterday... I scratched my tank :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: Luckily it's on the outside... any bros/sis here with experience on how to fix it? I am very depressed now :erm:

bro.. thats what happened to my tank too.. can understand how you feel man. let me know if you have any solutions so i can rectify mine too. Tried searching for solutions but to no avail man.

• SRC Member
Yeah will do some serious research before making things worse... I was cleaning my magnet cleaner... left the outer part on the desk... somehow the magnet attracted a piece of metal wire (dunno from where)... when I joined the 2 magnets cleaner together and dragged... I knew something went terribly wrong :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

i guessed its murphy's law visiting u. the piece of wire, from no way, attracted to the magnet.

dun take it too hard man :peace:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

bro.. thats what happened to my tank too.. can understand how you feel man. let me know if you have any solutions so i can rectify mine too. Tried searching for solutions but to no avail man.

Ok I will go look for a solution... will test on a rough piece of glass before applying to the tank... safer that way :eyebrow: Actually the scratch is not catastrophic... think positive... it could be much worse :pinch:

• SRC Member
Ok I will go look for a solution... will test on a rough piece of glass before applying to the tank... safer that way :eyebrow: Actually the scratch is not catastrophic... think positive... it could be much worse :pinch:

Yeah definitely safer :upsidedown: its not obvious from far.. only when you really srutinise it then it becomes rather unsightly.. oh well i guess i just like things to be perfect looking.. haha i get a little irritated whenever i look at the scratch on my tank.. :(

haha i get a little irritated whenever i look at the scratch on my tank.. :(

Well... just like a scar on our skin :pirate:

• SRC Member

Interesting thread. Like the idea of a sustainable marine tank but its not going to be an easy path to take. Carbon emission is one important aspect, however, marine conservation imho is also very important. I'm not 100% sure on this but its seems like there are more LPS in the endangered list than SPS. Thus I guess making sure that whatever we buy is aqua-cultured and can survive if not thrive in our tank is crucial.

Just my 2 cts.

JC

A scar on the skin makes a man looks for manly.

Think positive and all shall be fine. :peace:

My tank is suppose to be a HOT BABE :erm:

Interesting thread. Like the idea of a sustainable marine tank but its not going to be an easy path to take. Carbon emission is one important aspect, however, marine conservation imho is also very important. I'm not 100% sure on this but its seems like there are more LPS in the endangered list than SPS. Thus I guess making sure that whatever we buy is aqua-cultured and can survive if not thrive in our tank is crucial.

Just my 2 cts.

JC

Yes... there are many aspects and various approached in addressing this... what I've done so far is just the beginning... will slowly evolve to tackle/address more issues... afterall I still want this to be enjoyable and relaxing (as expected of any hobby)... I have not come across any report on LPS vs. SPS but I agree that keeping SPS will probably do less harm to the reef as they tend to grow a lot faster in nature. But I wouldn't keep SPS just becoz of this fact (that they grow faster) as we will end up consuming more in keeping them alive. Aqua-cultured is perhaps the correct direction to go... but so far... there aren't much choices or information out there to inform/educate reefers... perhaps once Indonesia stops exporting their corals so readily... we will seriously look at aqua-cultured LS.

Yeah a hot black babe hor :eyebrow:

White on the outside... black on the inside :fear: :fear: :fear:

Mid tank shot... like the composition so far... will try to look for another 1 or 2 pieces tomorrow... gonna look forward to tomorrow's lunch break :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

post-6096-1201521016.jpg

A somewhat common brownie (around $5 I think) can be quite stunning too :) Especially useful to achieve a balanced calming and natural scene :rolleyes:

post-6096-1201521162.jpg

Really appreciate a bro for recommending this product that can help me fix my scratched glass :)

http://www.glassscratchrepair.co.uk/how-use.htm

Will print this out and bring to local DIY shop to look for similar products. If really cannot find, then I will order from this site.

This RBTA has been very "kwai"... stay in the intended zone for a few days already... but no Clownies in sight yet :pinch:

post-6096-1201526564.jpg

Green Pearl Bubble is feeding mode... reacting to freeze-dried Cyclopeeze :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

post-6096-1201526631.jpg