Cauliflower not extending

lweepin

My pink Cauliflower used to be able to extend. However, when it extend, the base rock become unstable with its weight and water circulation.

1 week ago, the Cauliflower (with the based rock attached) fell off the LR and onto the sand bed. Thus I moved it further down the tank where the Cauliflower with its base can be placed in a more stable position.

However, now it did not extend as it used to. What is wrong...can i rectify it. What is the problem?

1) The Cauliflower have not recovered from the fall?

2) Not enough light due to change in position

3) Not enough water circulation due to change in position

4) others?

I am having a JBJ 24g nano cube with water parameter within normal acceptable range.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

post-13774-1199067190_thumb.jpg

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]

• SRC Member
My pink Cauliflower used to be able to extend. However, when it extend, the base rock become unstable with its weight and water circulation.

1 week ago, the Cauliflower (with the based rock attached) fell off the LR and onto the sand bed. Thus I moved it further down the tank where the Cauliflower with its base can be placed in a more stable position.

However, now it did not extend as it used to. What is wrong...can i rectify it. What is the problem?

4) others?

I am having a JBJ 24g nano cube with water parameter within normal acceptable range.

Can you pick up the coral and smell it.If it stinks then put it in the dustbin.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

4) others?

Hi bro I am not able to see your pic but just me 2cent worth as I am keeping a pink cauliflower too and its blooming well and I ihave shifted a few times and now spouts as growing all around the rock.

Just give youe babby some time to adapt and feed it well and let it adapt to the new surrounding and once its happy it will bloom like before and more

enjoy

• SRC Member

Hi bro maybe you should not only move it lower but also move under another coral or rock so that it's away from the light. I'm not sure what type of light you're using but looking at your picture it seems that the light is too bright for your softies. Circulation is not a problem. My cauliflower sits almost against the direction of my pump.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

I took out the coral to smell as per recommended. There was still no decay smell.

I am using 2x36W CF, should not be too strong for softie. I will monitor it closely...do not want it to cause my tank to crash!

Maybe the coral is hungry. I was only feeding them weekly 5 in 1 coral food from Aquaparm.

Any good recommendation (brand)for coral food? I do not feed them regularly with live food either.

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

• SRC Member

I still think it's the placement. You should try putting it under another rock or coral. Cauliflower doesn't like too much light even though you think it's not too strong. Or try checking your Kh and calcium level. I'm only talking from my own experience with my cauliflower.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

I took out the coral to smell as per recommended. There was still no decay smell.

I am using 2x36W CF, should not be too strong for softie. I will monitor it closely...do not want it to cause my tank to crash!

Maybe the coral is hungry. I was only feeding them weekly 5 in 1 coral food from Aquaparm.

Any good recommendation (brand)for coral food? I do not feed them regularly with live food either.

Most soft corals do not last long in the captive reef tank.

We still cant provide the kind of constant feeding without crashing our tank due to nutrient overload and yet provide clean water at the same time. Also the kind of water circulation needed by soft corals is hard to replicate unless you have a circular tank of sorts.

• SRC Member

Hard corals can survive but soft corals can't.Even though hard corals can be challenging softies is worse.

girlone.png

Thanks all for your advise. It let understand a bit more about this coral.

Yesterday, I went home to find the cauliflower still in the same state. At one corner, there was a bit of browning (not obvious before)

Thus I decide to remove it (just to be safe) to avoid causing problems to my tank. There was still no rotting smell when I removed.

No more Cauliflower for me for a long.long long time.

WhiteFish