Suggested Cure/ Remedy for Fishes

Dear all

I have a 3 feet tank that has been running for about a year. For the past weeks, I started to realise that my blue face, blue tang and koran angel seems to have 'skin' peeling off around the head area and nowhere else on the body. :sick: I have a majestic which has no such problem.

Have realised that the 3 fishes have something in common..........BLUE in colour

Would appreciate if you could share your views on the said matter,i.e. is it normal, proposed remedy.

:thanks:

post-13528-1198845564_thumb.jpg

post-13528-1198845825_thumb.jpg

post-13528-1198846300_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did you feed them seaweeds (nori) or english lettuce? Most fishes need high amount of veggie food as compared to pellets/flakes or frozen food. One causes of HLLE is the lag of vitamins, lag of veggie especially. Feed they dried Nori if you have not been feeding vegetables matter, brands like Two-Little-Fish is great.

hi, how can I check if there is electric leak into my tank?

Thank you for all your comments. mainly feeding them pallets. I have now included seaweed in their diets. any one tried dr basslers' pallets?

Dr Basslers pellets is for increasing the immune system of the fishes, mainly for preventive, especially against ich. If there are electrical leak, you will be able to feel it when your hands are in the water and your feet are on the ground (not on chairs or with foot wear). I doubt its electrical leak, although this is one of the causes of HLLE. I have this strong feeling that its the lacking of vitamin C. You have to feed seaweeds (nori) or veggie matters daily to your fishes, espeically tangs and angels, they are prone to HLLE. Feed them veggie b4 any other food, this will prevent them from rejecting. You can get Two Little Fish Nori from Harlequin, or you can get "one big piece" per pack from most LFS, like Jireh, sealife etc, but you may require a veggie clip for the latter.

• SRC Member
Dr Basslers pellets is for increasing the immune system of the fishes, mainly for preventive, especially against ich. If there are electrical leak, you will be able to feel it when your hands are in the water and your feet are on the ground (not on chairs or with foot wear). I doubt its electrical leak, although this is one of the causes of HLLE. I have this strong feeling that its the lacking of vitamin C. You have to feed seaweeds (nori) or veggie matters daily to your fishes, espeically tangs and angels, they are prone to HLLE. Feed them veggie b4 any other food, this will prevent them from rejecting. You can get Two Little Fish Nori from Harlequin, or you can get "one big piece" per pack from most LFS, like Jireh, sealife etc, but you may require a veggie clip for the latter.

I think Dr Basslers pellets contain some copper, so you gotta be careful while using. Especially if yours isn't a FOWLR tank...

Try not to let any pellets remain uneaten I guess.

I think Dr Basslers pellets contain some copper, so you gotta be careful while using. Especially if yours isn't a FOWLR tank...

Hi bro... do you have dependable information to back your claim?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Maybe any bro who have copper test kit can give it a test, probably throw some Dr Basslers pellets into a bucket of water drawn from tank, and test whether there are trace of copper in the water after 1 or 2 days. I'm feeding my fishes with that food once a week, hope the answer is nil.

• SRC Member

Copper in food??? Surprise?

Though I'm not certain of any copper in Marine fish food, but how can we be sure that copper minerals does not exists in our fish tank?

As much as copper is used to treat ich for fishes, but super low concentration exist in our tank...

Our ocean consists 0.0001 ppm of copper...

Copper exits in most animals so do your maths. Copper if exceed a certain level kills coral -> Invert -> fishes in that order.

So what is the alarm for copper in fish food as they are in ultra-low concentration, look at the shelf and you will see that some fish food has Cu... No big deal.

As for the peeling fish, good fooh and garlic may do the trick in one month.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.