Particles in water

lweepin

When my aquarium lights are on, I can see a lot of white small paricles in the water.

What are this particles?

Is this normal?

Is it because my wave maker is not positioned properly and causing the particles to be generated from the sand bed?

Hope that someone can enlighten me on this

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]

let the dust settle down will do..

So it seem to be detritus based on the feedback here. Mine does no seem to settle down at all.

Does it mean that my powerhead is not placed properly and it keep on blowing detritus from the sand bed?

I only have those coarse sponge in my filter. Does everyone put those fine wool in their filters?

I am deciding whether to take some actions or just live with it?

Any further comments?

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

• SRC Member

tomowilson- netting out the Detritus will not only be time consuming... you might risk constantly stressing your Fish/corals...

Whitefish- A long term solution is needed.... perhaps a picture of what exactly the dust looks like? and how are your LS taking it? are they stressed?

tomowilson- netting out the Detritus will not only be time consuming... you might risk constantly stressing your Fish/corals...

Whitefish- A long term solution is needed.... perhaps a picture of what exactly the dust looks like? and how are your LS taking it? are they stressed?

First of all, I can't tell whether my corals or stress or not (Only 1 month into this hobby) Seem quite normal to me.

I have attached the photos below. It is not easy to try to take photos of these particles

When the lights are on, it seem to be snowing inside my tank. Maybe this is chrismas session :rolleyes:

If I'm lucky, it will stop when spring comes during CNY. LOL

post-13774-1198760534_thumb.jpg

WhiteFish

• SRC Member
hahha....i only net out big ones near to the surface when i am feeding my fishes, to them the net seems to be a signal that its dinner time. I am not acutally bothered by the particles. ^_^

i used to have that and after i on my ozoniser h20 became clear. not too sure if the o3 helps. i understand on ozoniser too long is not good for corals so nowaday i only on when going out of hse(bad for health if inhale too much o3)for few hrs.

I think I partially know why there are always particles inside my water.

I realized that once in a while, my life rocks "blows" out particles

Maybe there are some small live things in the LR responsible for it.

Any guesses?

WhiteFish

I think I partially know why there are always particles inside my water.

I realized that once in a while, my life rocks "blows" out particles

Maybe there are some small live things in the LR responsible for it.

Any guesses?

Buy white filter floss cut it into size and put it on the first overflow chamber and change it every 2 days, it may solve your problem.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10