using crab eggs as fish food

big_ben102000

• SRC Member

manage to get my hands on some crab eggs (came with the flower crabs my mum got from the market) anyone tried using them as fish food ? i just tried and my fishes seem to like them alot. i know there might be some concerns with the eggs containing some bacteria which may have an effect on the fishes.

i would just like to know if there are any bros or sis who have tried feeding fish with crab eggs before and probably give your opinions, and whether these eggs cane be used to feed corals.

cheers

• SRC Member

woohoooo ~ nice~ lolz.. they are already kept in the freezer once the crabs where killed. cant really wash them leh, the eggs are pretty fine. i just froze them immediately before the crabs were killed. btw can those be fed to corals ? i am planning to go into corals and i think i got enough eggs to last quite awhile =D will switch to coral food once the eggs runs out

I think chilling them is fine. Frozen eggs then to thaw badly from zero to 25C and could rupture in the water column before they are eaten. You don't want to increase the bioload in the water for nothing.