2 feet tank after 8 or 9 months..

metals99

• SRC Member

Well not as great as all people but hope to hear suggestions etc.

my old tank is one the previous pages.. its bee 2 months + since..

this is the update.. all specs. still same as old tank on page 4 if i am not wrong same place..

thanks u

post-34-1068999051.jpg

cool....like the swan...my wife finds it nice!!

btw...how do you keep the tube worm upright like tat? push it into the sandbed? they stay there?

• SRC Member

yeah i bury the tubeworm anyway i just stuff it in the sand bed.. but it seems happy there dunno why and they turn themselves uprite.. hehe..

like trees so i decide to leave it there actually wanna stick it to rock so can put another rock of mushroom ..

and if u notice my polyps are not doing well..

and i give it up

and u know why it got attack by 100's of baby sea slugs.. i am getting rid of them but more comes i dunno where they got in..

• SRC Member

those are fake clams..

anyway the skimmer is beyond skimmer..

i modified the bottom to accept a large wooden airstone

and using larger air stone helps skimming more.. hehe

imo dun use this skimmer.. i think i be upgrading soon to powerhead one..

Well, dude, its a good start!

You may want to put your clams up a lot higher, they require a lot of light. There's too much loss of light intensity by the time it reaches the sandbed. You don't want them to lose their colours... or worse... die when their energy stores run out. :)

I'm curious to know what's that cylindrical pipe thingy on the left corner? Another skimmer?

AT

• SRC Member

yeah AT its a lousy skimmer.. i modified it bellow to accept a big air stone and a better quality one from sanders..

before it doesn't skim anything at all.. but after modification it works better but ofcourse the skimmate i could only best get is yellowish tint..

the clams are fake hehe :P

well i dun dare to keep them as i know i must go to t5's atleast and dose more calcium.. wait till i have the confidence and money

• SRC Member
Well, dude, its a good start!

You may want to put your clams up a lot higher, they require a lot of light. There's too much loss of light intensity by the time it reaches the sandbed. You don't want them to lose their colours... or worse... die when their energy stores run out. :)

I'm curious to know what's that cylindrical pipe thingy on the left corner? Another skimmer?

AT

haha...Boss never read between the lines...he said they are 'FAKE' clams... :lol::lol::lol:

Heh metals99..nice tank...nice clams too...not going to keep nudibranchs anymore? :D My one still alive leh...think it's surviving on something..definitely not on energy stores..so many months already still so active roaming my tank every day..... :D

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

fuel my tank have alot of this ending baby sea slugs coming out and they eating my polyps!!! its lucky they dun eat up my mushies but my polyps are now closed and getting lesser and lesser..

i dun mind keeping reef safe ones.. i got one which didn't harm my tank for like 5-6 months then died secretly dunno why..

but if i am getting a nudi.. now i wanna it to be a cannibal type i mean there is.. they eat up other nudibranches.. cool..

anywhere selling??

he has already posted another thread abt his infamous "clams". hehe..

AT still kenna smoke n most probably thinking of a diplomatic way of putting in words.

(hey that clam looks "different", put at more light so I can see clearer..hmm)

:)

he has already posted another thread abt his infamous "clams". hehe..

AT still kenna smoke n most probably thinking of a diplomatic way of putting in words.

(hey that clam looks "different", put at more light so I can see clearer..hmm)

:)

• SRC Member

haha.. walau now i so paiseh i should say its real hehe..

anyway the price of the fake one can get me a real clam actually but surely

the real one would't fare well as i am now using a 55 watt pl.