Whitefish 24g Nano Cube Story

lweepin

Hi Bros,

I staying in West Side too, appreciated you Bros can advise the Address of Coral Farm or/and other Shops around West Side.

Thks/rgds.

Malvin

I am newbie too..below is some of the LFS in the west that I have visited. I am say that there are more LFS in the East. Most if the time I bought from Coral farm Other reefers, pls feel free to add or comment. I think there is 1 or 2 more shops in the West, but I have not visited them yet.

If you have a car and want to buy fish, inverts or soft corals, I strongly recommend Coral Farm because they are cheaper and have a good range. But they don't sell LPS. I don't recommend walking on a hot day (quite far).

For LPS, I recommend JM or ML. Of course they a bit of everything else.

LCK110 is in the same area as Coral Farm. They don't carry big inventory, it is advisable to call before you go. It think there is a bus that go near there but have to walk.

LFS in the west

Coral Farm 60 Lim Chu Kang Lane 6f Tel: 63322928

Jireh Marine Blk 505 , West Coast Drive, Unit #01-210 Tel : 67767990

Marine Life Hobbielist 178 West Coast Way S 127086 Hong Leong Garden S.C. Tel: 67774047

LCK110 110 Neo Tiew Crescent (LCK110) Singapore 718900 Tel: (65)8113 4618

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]

Coral Farm is my personal FAV... but dun ever visit if your bioload is already high :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I am newbie too..below is some of the LFS in the west that I have visited. I am say that there are more LFS in the East. Most if the time I bought from Coral farm Other reefers, pls feel free to add or comment. I think there is 1 or 2 more shops in the West, but I have not visited them yet.

If you have a car and want to buy fish, inverts or soft corals, I strongly recommend Coral Farm because they are cheaper and have a good range. But they don't sell LPS. I don't recommend walking on a hot day (quite far).

For LPS, I recommend JM or ML. Of course they a bit of everything else.

LCK110 is in the same area as Coral Farm. They don't carry big inventory, it is advisable to call before you go. It think there is a bus that go near there but have to walk.

LFS in the west

Coral Farm 60 Lim Chu Kang Lane 6f Tel: 63322928

Jireh Marine Blk 505 , West Coast Drive, Unit #01-210 Tel : 67767990

Marine Life Hobbielist 178 West Coast Way S 127086 Hong Leong Garden S.C. Tel: 67774047

LCK110 110 Neo Tiew Crescent (LCK110) Singapore 718900 Tel: (65)8113 4618

• SRC Member
Yeah Green Wrasse is a real annoyance... especially with shrimps :(

I prefer your previous scaping more as it looks more stable and balance :D And your bubble is definitely looking much better... good job :)

I agreed with wat Jervis said abt green wrasse. It great when they are small and young. But teror to keep when he gets big. Big in size and also BIG BULLY to other fishes. I'm saying with experiences and regrets introducing to my tank but has since managed to trap and give to other reefers for their fowler tank. :rolleyes:

Ur tank are neat and nice... well done there

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

I agreed with wat Jervis said abt green wrasse. It great when they are small and young. But teror to keep when he gets big. Big in size and also BIG BULLY to other fishes. I'm saying with experiences and regrets introducing to my tank but has since managed to trap and give to other reefers for their fowler tank. :rolleyes:

Actually the most horrifying experience of all is when you introduce new shrimps into the tank... ouch :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

This is my 7th Week Update.

The aunty from Coral Fram was right when he recommeded the algae snails(can't remember the scientic name) instead of the turbo snails whicH i originally want. The snails almost wiped out my aglae in 1 week. They even help me clean my wavemaker. See picture below

With 1 problem gone, my next problem have surfaced. Jervis Bro was right when he suggested that I may have Nudis attack when my Zoas cannot extended fully. I found a few on my glass in the morning.

I did a search on this problem in this forum and found 2 potential solutions:

1) Use Warsse to eat the Nudis

2) Use a 5 min FW dip

I just had a hard time removing the green wrasse a few weeks back. It may be its way of getting back at me..hehe

No way, I am going to get another problem to solve this problem.

I will try the freshwater dip this week and will update my results again

post-13774-1200875963.jpg

post-13774-1200876422.jpg

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Oh dear... your Zoas are looking pretty mess up... you should do the 5 min freshwater dip asap... trust me... it's very satisfying to see those nudis being removed from your zoas... great photo ops :lol: :lol: :lol: That snail looks like Turbo to me... at least from the cone shape of the shell... nevertheless it is doing miracle :)

Another thing... the latest pix you posted... the clownie at the bottom right corner... looks like Snowflake Percula :shock: :shock: :shock: I've only seen it once in a London pet store and they were selling that pair for 600 pounds :erm: Any close up shot of your nice clownie? :lol:

• SRC Member

U may dip ur zoas win the Fresh water for a few minutes. Wat I did subsequently is flush the zoas under tap water to rid off unwanted egees hidden within the polys.. They may be stressed out with such treatment but should open up within afew days time or within the day itself :rolleyes:

The snail pic is turbo snail if I'm not wrong :unsure:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

That's astrea snail whose cone are sharper than turbo's. They do very good job with algae but don't overstock them as they will starve to die without algae to eat.

Ya, the pic is a bit blur on the clown. Post some more pic of it. I even saw before the clown without mid body orange stripe. They called it N@ked Clown. Haha..

• SRC Member
That's astrea snail whose cone are sharper than turbo's. They do very good job with algae but don't overstock them as they will starve to die without algae to eat.

Ya, the pic is a bit blur on the clown. Post some more pic of it. I even saw before the clown without mid body orange stripe. They called it N@ked Clown. Haha..

I got a few die in my tank cause onli got red slime algae for them to eat.Mus really get strawberry trochus in order to clean em.BTW nice clean sandbed.If u own that snowflake clown,how much u get???

girlone.png

Oh dear... your Zoas are looking pretty mess up... you should do the 5 min freshwater dip asap... trust me... it's very satisfying to see those nudis being removed from your zoas... great photo ops :lol: :lol: :lol: That snail looks like Turbo to me... at least from the cone shape of the shell... nevertheless it is doing miracle :)

Another thing... the latest pix you posted... the clownie at the bottom right corner... looks like Snowflake Percula :shock: :shock: :shock: I've only seen it once in a London pet store and they were selling that pair for 600 pounds :erm: Any close up shot of your nice clownie? :lol:

No lah...It is not a snowflake clown...it is just my false percula taken at low shutter speed. :whistle

My wife will have killed me if I bought one. If got cash, better spend the money to buy her an LV bag during Valentine day.

I have done a FW dip yesterday for my 3 zoas. I have also killed about 4-5 Nudis attached to my tank glass.

2 of my Zoas seem to recovered and extend after 2 hours of the treatment.

This morning, I did not see any Nudis on my glass. I hope that I have contain the problem at least for now. Thanks for all your advices.

WhiteFish

I got a few die in my tank cause onli got red slime algae for them to eat.Mus really get strawberry trochus in order to clean em.BTW nice clean sandbed.If u own that snowflake clown,how much u get???

I agree with you about the snails. At the rate that they are going, they will starve soon.

I may put them up for sale to those bros who have alage problem.

My tank's sandbed is clean except a dead spot that is at below my Tunze wavemaker.

It is like a graveyard with all the stuff there. I do not know how to get rid of this deadspot.

I am thinking of getting a gravel cleaner to remove the stuff during weekly maintenance.

WhiteFish

• SRC Member

Problematic ah.Get sand dollar ah.

girlone.png

I have done a FW dip yesterday for my 3 zoas. I have also killed about 4-5 Nudis attached to my tank glass.

2 of my Zoas seem to recovered and extend after 2 hours of the treatment.

This morning, I did not see any Nudis on my glass. I hope that I have contain the problem at least for now. Thanks for all your advices.

How many nudis left/died in the FW container? Be prepared for another round of FW dip as there might be eggs around :pinch: But anyway FW dip is not that difficult a task :D

It is like a graveyard with all the stuff there. I do not know how to get rid of this deadspot.

I am thinking of getting a gravel cleaner to remove the stuff during weekly maintenance.

You can buy one of those extra large syringe with long extension... suck them out once a week... that way you don't have to mess up too much :idea:

You can buy one of those extra large syringe with long extension... suck them out once a week... that way you don't have to mess up too much :idea:

seem like a great idea..where can I get such syringe...which LFS or Pharmacy???

WhiteFish

seem like a great idea..where can I get such syringe...which LFS or Pharmacy???

I got mine from AM... ask for the LARGEST!!! It's as thick as sugarcane :whistle:rolleyes::eyebrow:

This is my 8th Week update. So far I have enjoyed this new hobby tremendously.

This may be my last weekly update on this thread, I wish to thank all bros who have help me by replying on this thread. :thanks:

Since the 4 week, the water parameters have been very consistent. My KH has been steady at 8, should I add something to increase it or I just should leave it as it is? <_<

Mid this week, I have removed 1 leather mushroom form the tank. It is becoming darker in colour and I suspected that it is dying. I do not want to take any risk at this time. I thought that Leather suppose to be easy. :pinch:

The 5 min Freshwater dip on my zoas have been highly effective. It is fully extended well now. Did not spot any nudis on the walls for a few days now. Another problem solved ...I think

With the green slime algae gone (thanks to my Astrea snails), I think I still have the red slime algae (Cyano?)

It has grown steadily since week 4 particular on 1 piece of LR (See photo below) . Since the red colour is quite nice, I have not done anything to it.

Questions

1. Did I ID the algae correctly?

2. Does this red slime have any negative impact on a reef aquarium?

3. How do I remove them if I want to?

My future plan will be to add 1 or 2 more corals (Torch, or frogspawn)..maybe some more mushrooms or Zoas

post-13774-1201482595.jpg post-13774-1201482719.jpg

WhiteFish

This may be my last weekly update on this thread, I wish to thank all bros who have help me by replying on this thread. :thanks:

Why why why :cry: :cry: :cry:

• SRC Member
This is my 8th Week update. So far I have enjoyed this new hobby tremendously.

Since the 4 week, the water parameters have been very consistent. My KH has been steady at 8, should I add something to increase it or I just should leave it as it is? <_<

Mid this week, I have removed 1 leather mushroom form the tank. It is becoming darker in colour and I suspected that it is dying. I do not want to take any risk at this time. I thought that Leather suppose to be easy. :pinch:

The 5 min Freshwater dip on my zoas have been highly effective. It is fully extended well now. Did not spot any nudis on the walls for a few days now. Another problem solved ...I think

With the green slime algae gone (thanks to my Astrea snails), I think I still have the red slime algae (Cyano?)

It has grown steadily since week 4 particular on 1 piece of LR (See photo below) . Since the red colour is quite nice, I have not done anything to it.

Questions

My future plan will be to add 1 or 2 more corals (Torch, or frogspawn)..maybe some more mushrooms or Zoas

post-13774-1201482595.jpg post-13774-1201482719.jpg

That is coralline which is slimey.Why is it last update???

girlone.png

Why why why :cry: :cry: :cry:

My original intent of this thread is to document my first few months of my new hobby and get some advice from nice people in the forum. It has served the purpose and want to close this thread since everything has stablized and the changes are not as frequent. I may start another thread to capture any big changes I made if needed. Maybe a monthly one instead...... :whistle

WhiteFish

Well you can still continue this thread... but update less frequently... tank thread is a good way of keeping track of things... like your tank diary :)

Questions

I got a feeling that's not Red Slime... try scrap it lightly... if it feels slimey and you see air bubbles on it then it's red slime algae... I wouldn't worry too much about it :D

All the best :)