Evaporation problems

Alentino

for those using MH without tank hood, ever worried about long term damage to household appliances in the room due to saltwater evaporation? is is really that bad anyway?

my mum is worried sick about it and is determined to stop me from setting up a new tank when our new house comes. i told her to forget it as i'm equally determined to install one. :angry:

"Less technology, more biology" --- John Tullock

• SRC Member

my mum heard rumors from my aunt that saltwater tank in house furniture spoil easily. i think my aunt is just jealous of my tank la hhaha..

form my knowledge, no salt spills means ok furniture, of coz if u spill salt on tv sure die mah.. evaporation does not take away salt at all.

• SRC Member

No I have 2 saltwater tanks in my room which contains my computer and tv and game consoles and nothing has ever spoilt due to water evaporation. I think that spraying would be caused by having air stones in the saltwater tank pumping air.. But of course the merits and detriments of having air stones within the tank pumping air is rather debatable...

For me, I haven't faced any problems.. And I hope none of you will..