My Tank

Dispar_Anthias

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally stunning!!! Do update us if there's any sign of aggression :thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Amazing, thgt they will fight it out if too many, like mine flame angel only survive for 2 weeks until it decide to commit suicide by ramming itself in between the rocks n wall of the tank, when I see it the next morning, it was stuck there n 1 eye got pop out. (It was harass by my lemon peel who is in the tank for 4mths plus)

By the way how u differentiate the gender?

Hi there, wow! group of 5 flames!

How do u determine the gender of flame angels? Don't they fight in a group?

Really like the looks of a group of flames in a tank!

Cheers!

drato: There is no real correct way of establishing the gender but the common thumb rule is through looking of the finnage. Male has sharp pointed dorsal win with lots of blue on it while female ones are rounded and short with less blue.

w3ish3ng: I have only one of the regal left. The other was eating only mysis and got thinner and wasted away after sometime, most probably lack of nutrient. My other is eating everything right now. I believe its all about selection of the type of fishes you are getting. My open water swimmer are only my regal and goldflake as well as the group of fire gobies. The flame are never out in the open, always darting ard the rocks thus you seldom see all of them at one goal. :rolleyes: I dun have any tangs or other huge fish as well thus wun have the "overcrowded feel".

jervismum: There will surely be aggression. However the aggression that is being showed are not those out to kill but more of establishing the dominance in the social structure. The slight so called aggression is only display by the male and when the females are ebing confronted by such aggression, they will bent their body in a submissive behavior. Very interesting to watch and something that can only be seen if I have a harem and not one or two.

scubajazz: As per above. My flames do not fight it out just estasblishing dominance.

Amazing, thgt they will fight it out if too many, like mine flame angel only survive for 2 weeks until it decide to commit suicide by ramming itself in between the rocks n wall of the tank, when I see it the next morning, it was stuck there n 1 eye got pop out. (It was harass by my lemon peel who is in the tank for 4mths plus)

By the way how u differentiate the gender?

THe fish do not commit suicide de :upsidedown: Its because its dying already or has already died and the flow of the water brings the body ard and finally to be wedge among the rocks so it seems like the fish commit suicide :rolleyes:

Update: Courtship spawning behaviour is already being observed in my male with few of the females, male is actually trying to peck the female's an al fin... As for the rest of the fishes, not much fighting just some slight short chasing ard.