HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

• SRC Member

Hi... :( recently i have just start up my tank... and so far i have got two Bartlett's Anthias dead already... and found out that the last bartlett that was dead was eating in the afternoon but hiding always which is unusual ...(but the rest of my bartletts in my tank is swimming ard the tank) then later in the late evening when i added 5 cleaner skunk shrimps, the sick bartlett went to the skunk shrimps for help and the skunk cleaner shrimp was like cleaning it body for like 10min or more... then hrs later it was dead floating ard.. took it out and inspect it .. saw small holes on it body.so when to check on my tank and saw my Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish with a small oval shape like iso pod on the fish body and i caught the fish out and manageto took it out of it body using my finger nail... got no choice think it will hurt the fish's scale ... and took it off the fish body after several try...hope my ocellaris survive through this but think that my tank still got lot of that monster pods...

i need help to kill them any suggestions to kill them or stop them?

any fish that will eat them?

i have already lost three fishes so far in 3days..really hope to find a way to kill them all or control the damn pods....

thanks.... ;)

• SRC Member

U may consider doing some copper treatment to kill the isopods.... but make sure copper do not get in liverock, livesand and corals.....

PS: is the situation serious?

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

how i dealt with mine , trap the fish .. and u can manually extract those bugger .. just heat up a needle and place it inbetween the head and neck .. it will let go of its host .. i dunno how serious of urs .. but i only had and seen 2 of these isopods in my tank before .. and thats what i did ..

first time i try to manually rip it off .. but a chuck of tissue came out .

2nd i search RC and found out that method .

just 2cent .

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member

doubt so if ur isopod is that size .. notice their mouth is peck size ??

sea lice maybe .. but giant isopod unlikely.

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

Wrasses will eat these. Had seen ispods in my tank before and I saw my wrasses pick them off other fish.

Best to manually extract them if you don't want wrasses in your tank.

• SRC Member

yes, but beware of wrasse.

Its best to restart the tank. Sometimes wrasse cant finish them off and after you get rid of this wrasse, they will outgrow again.

The best wrasse for this job is the gold sinny wrasse, Ctenolabrus rupestris.

I think you introduced them through your LR.

• SRC Member

yeah, best 5 wrasse, LOL. better to ave wrasse havoc than these ceatures.

Steady.

1. Pseudocheilinus ocellatus aka Mystery wrasse

2. Cirrhilabrus jordani aka Flame Wrasse

3. Macropharyngodon geoffroy aka Potter’s Leopard Wrasse

4. Macropharyngodon ornatus aka Ornate Leopard Wrasse

5. Bodianus bimaculatus aka Twinspot or Yellow Hogfish

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

Steady.

1. Pseudocheilinus ocellatus aka Mystery wrasse

2. Cirrhilabrus jordani aka Flame Wrasse

3. Macropharyngodon geoffroy aka Potter’s Leopard Wrasse

4. Macropharyngodon ornatus aka Ornate Leopard Wrasse

5. Bodianus bimaculatus aka Twinspot or Yellow Hogfish

5. Bodianus bimaculatus aka Twinspot or Yellow Hogfish will eat iso pod too?

i already have one in my tank :lol: btw i cant keep some wrasse cause i dont have sand bed doh :(