Combi-san Review

Hi,

I've been using combi san for some time already. I understand that there are reefers out there who doesn't think much of this product and there are also claims that the main ingredient in this product is nothing but water. But from my experience, it really did help improve the coralline growth for sure. Coralline growing like crazy now until it is now a headache!!! by the way, I don't think u can use it to replace kalk and reef builder. i think combi san only replenishes trace elements...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

:)

Yeah, I am one of those who feel that Combi-san is not worth the price you pay for trace elements.

FYI, it's calcium that helps coralline algae grow and not trace elements. You have enough of that plus suitable water quality eg. stable KH, PH and coralline algae will grow quickly enough based on this factors.

I too have lots of coralline algae but I don't use Combi-san. ;)

AT

Erhmm.... its really hard to measure trace elements in saltwater and the uptake rate.

I don't buy trace elements in a bottle because overdosing may actually contribute to Old Tank Syndrome ie. the buildup of heavy metals in reef tanks (which is a theory anyway).

I simply rely on trace elements replenishment via water changes.

I only dose what I can measure... ie. Iodine, magnesium etc.

:)

Yeah, I am one of those who feel that Combi-san is not worth the price you pay for trace elements.

FYI, it's calcium that helps coralline algae grow and not trace elements. You have enough of that plus suitable water quality eg. stable KH, PH and coralline algae will grow quickly enough based on this factors.

I too have lots of coralline algae but I don't use Combi-san. ;)

AT

hi,

I agree that the main ingredient for good coralline growth is calcium. but I wouldn't rule out the prospect of trace elements affecting it's growth...i believe every form of nutrients, trace elements etc will have some form of effect on the corals, coralline growth, fishes etc..maybe there's just an over emphasis on calcium being the only factor that contitutes good coralline growth that we sometimes fail to see other things that might affect it as well (in addition to good water quality). Just speaking from experience because I did notice the sudden bloom in my coralline...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member

hi,

I agree that the main ingredient for good coralline growth is calcium. but I wouldn't rule out the prospect of trace elements affecting it's growth...i believe every form of nutrients, trace elements etc will have some form of effect on the corals, coralline growth, fishes etc..maybe there's just an over emphasis on calcium being the only factor that contitutes good coralline growth that we sometimes fail to see other things that might affect it as well (in addition to good water quality). Just speaking from experience because I did notice the sudden bloom in my coralline...

Erm i did use this product before .. Finish 2 bots but nothing happen .. Until i maintain my CA level at 400ppm & DkH level at 8 .. then i notice a sudden boom of Coralline algea..

But i notice the product dont really stated what is insdie the content in % ..

So i would agree with AT ..on the part that would add only what i could measure.