ricordia melting

weileong

I've a green ricordia that is slowly melting away.

Could it be caused by insufficient light?

The part that starts to melt is the part that has more light, now left the part that is hidden under the shade.

Eh what your water parameter and lighting like

• SRC Member

Ricordia or mushroom has the tendency to just melt away, 6 months back, all my mushroom rock started to melt one by one, and they will spread from one species to the other. For my case, to stop the spreading, I dip all my mushroom into Kent Tech D, after which the melting stops, this is my observation for my case, I am not sure will it help in yours.

• SRC Member
my mushroom still very good condition haven't start to melt.

The "Kent Tech D" you mention, where can I buy it? Hopefully can save the ricordia. Now it melt to the center till it left the mouth only but the other half still intact.

You can get Tech D at Sealife....

AT time ricodeas or mushrooms melt may due to either too much light or too little.

A few dose of iodine would help .

Woonming, that is interesting, I have been dosing Iodine all along, so I think for my case, the iodine does not help. I believe it is some form of disease..., but the Tech D does help to stop it.. :rolleyes: