Pls help to id.. a cause for alarm??? or...

vdc

• SRC Member

Hi, all,

recently i discovered a very small organism jetting about in the water. Too small to catch with the camera. Now theres quite a few of it. The swimming pattern reminds me of a jelly fish. Let me describe to you the structure of the tiny organism. It is transparent, with a few white lines that forms its silhoette. Very strange. And its as tiny as one of these letters in this post.

Can SOMEbody pls tell me what the isit? Is it free swimming ich parasites?? Or wat?? I dn think it looks like any babies of any fish ba... Is it a cause for alarm?? parasites or good stuffs????? Ive attached my drawing of that tiny organism here. Hope you ppl can make out wats it. Its a perspective view. :unsure:

:thanks:

post-6-1068656819.jpg

• SRC Member

Actually, I saw that in my tank too. It looks like a small polyp pulsating through the water like a small jellyfish. Seen the fella a few times, but not sure if they are the same one. I was hoping it to be a jellyfish fry, but it is just my wishful thinking. :angel:

• SRC Member

Wow hey thanks! Phew! Feel so relieved now......... Hope its really hydroid. Will my dragonets feed on it? Or scallop? :D So i assumed it came with one of the fishes i bought lor.. But how is it good for my tank? ;)

No prob! SRC's supposed to give fellow reefers a helping hand and a lot of reefers here have accumulated a lot of surfing hours in knowledge gathering... we'll be happy to share & help out anytime! :)