Propagation tank

ryanlio

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Just got back from PVC fitting shopping:..

1X1" X 2.9m PVC pipe = $4

1X 3/4" PVC pipe = $3

2 X 1" 45degree elbow = $3.70

2 X 3/4" PVC union = $6

6 X 1" 90degree elbow = $3.60

2 X 1" PVC end Cap = $0.64

4 X 1" PVC Union = $18

1 X 1" PVC FIP Ball Valve = $13

1 X 1" PVC socket = $0.40

2 X 3/4" X 3/8" PVC /tee = $1.20

1 X 3/4" PVC FIP Ball Valve = $10.50

3 X 1" PVC Omega clip = $0.75

3 X 3/4" PVC clip = $3.60

Total damage: $73.17 for pipings..

also the store has got some items that they nitty gritty pvc boxes, filter bars... hmm.. maybe next time I'll drop by and spend more time if i ever need those filter box, etc..

Guess there will be more work to be done tonight... cheers.

• SRC Member

Hooked up the arctica chiller. Seems like its pretty noisy.. any bro know why?.. is there someone who runs artica 1/4HP? might wanna drop by to ref the noise your chiller runs...

• SRC Member

was hoping that the tank maker could deliver my tank in the weekend so that i can do some work on it.. Confirmed delivery only on Tuesday.. sianz.. guess had to search for bargain buys in Pasar Malam section over the weekends.. :P

• SRC Member

Was trying to look for those with multiple tee off connectors so that multiple equipment can be hooked on..

Something like what bro Supermo suggested in

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...51&hl=hose+lock

Bro Supremo.. Tumpang your pic ah..

Wonder if that will work?

any advise?

Ryan

post-34-1191682396.gif

• SRC Member
salute on the DIY.. :bow:

No lah..

"Far see like flower... Near see like toad"..

The finishing of the cabinet not that good.. cannot compare to those pro cabinet makers..

• SRC Member

Electrical cord attached

post-34-1191683554.jpg

• SRC Member

Splash guard with plastic mat from Ikea..

post-34-1191683632.jpg

• SRC Member

LR from Bro Ah Boy.. These are free. approx 20 kg... hiak hiak hiak.. :evil: thanks alot bro..

post-34-1191683781.jpg

• SRC Member

Some are even covered with Coralline algae.. that y i quickly get them submerged as soon as i got home...

post-34-1191683876.jpg

• SRC Member

another piece covered with coralline algae.. yum yum :eyebrow:

post-34-1191684079.jpg

• SRC Member

ah yes.. finally.. the pail that Bro Ah Boy T-Loan to me... ehhehe :>

post-34-1191684184.jpg

Love the splash guard... planning to do something to my sump cabinet too... safety first :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Love the splash guard... planning to do something to my sump cabinet too... safety first :)

yes.. glad that the info is helpful..

That the main purpose for this thread actually .. to hear any advises or to learn from fellow reefers.. had many ideas coming from your thread itself, Jervis.. :D

BTW my H&S skimmer's aquabee pump has some problem starting up, sometimes can sometimes cannot (due to stopping reefing for 1 year) .. think its the greasing on the needle wheel.. anyone knows which kinda SAE/grease will be helpful (non toxic) or any bro knows how to service this?..

• SRC Member

can drop by i have a tube of ehiem lub , meant for pumps like that my hns Also giving the same problem when i buy at first i thought was a defect after apply it , never stop since then :)

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member
can drop by i have a tube of ehiem lub , meant for pumps like that my hns Also giving the same problem when i buy at first i thought was a defect after apply it , never stop since then :)

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the offer...

I think I'll drop by your place with my pump.. cos pai seh.. need help gotta trouble you some more...My tank will only arrive Tuesday, I'll definitely invite you over when things are running.. :paiseh:

can also look at your setup for inspiration.. :idea:

• SRC Member

Tank scheduled to come in this evening... tak boleh tahan liao!!!!... 9 hours more!!

• SRC Member

ARRGGHH!!!! tank maker told me earliest is Thursday!!!!.. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

• SRC Member

was at the tank maker's to make my presence felt.. (I'm 90kg.. hehehe :>)

Tank was abt 60% done. Seems like i won't be getting the tank today as well (even though maker says "Jin Liang" - try his best...)

Managed to sneak some pics though.

60% tank - 10mm thickness.

post-34-1192085909.jpg

• SRC Member

The edging of the tank... looks like good workmanship... hehhe :>

post-34-1192086394.jpg

• SRC Member

The holes for the return drilled.. I'm using 3/4" for returns and 1 1/2" for overflow. Implementing Reef Central's Herbie method.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...mp&pagenumber=1

post-34-1192086724.jpg

• SRC Member

The styrofoam base that the tank will sit on. The holes are marked on it so that i can pre-drill the returns and overflow on my cabinet b4 the tank is delivered.... it kinda thin... will it be enough to "cushion" and spread the weight?

post-34-1192087661.jpg