Orca Underwater Glue

Jameshong

Has anyone use it? pls review leh :bow: !

AM is selling at S$36 per 450g tube and Seem that it is cheaper than 3M or Loctite super glue gel(3g) for long run usage.

wat do you think :angel: ?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Had used it when my sump tank leaked 1 drop/10 seconds. She said when this glue touches water, will hardened immediately. It didnt work, all BS. She even told me that the German demo cutting the whole side strip of silicon off and heavy leak but then when applied at the outside, immediately all leak stopped. I was BS by her statement. When my tank had such a minor leak and yet unable resolve, how can it stop a big leak?

All these glues wont work as they wont harden within few seconds.

My advise is to buy the Dow Corning silicone and thats a cheap and good quality.

Dont get cheated by all these Con-man and Con-woman.

BTW when I started buying this Orca, she started to promote her new sump saying my sump is having the symtom to break soon. PFFFT! She just wants to earn money!

I've bought a tube and it works fine for me... I will do a demo when I have the time this weekend :)

As for the "Conman Conwoman" statement... I think AM must be damn desperate to tried so hard (waste so much saliva) to sell a tube of glue for $36 :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
I've bought a tube and it works fine for me... I will do a demo when I have the time this weekend :)

As for the "Conman Conwoman" statement... I think AM must be damn desperate to tried so hard (waste so much saliva) to sell a tube of glue for $36 :lol::lol::lol:

how much does a drop of saliva cost?

If anyone wants to sell something, he/she needs to talk. If keep shutting off, who will buy? Except you sell it damn cheap.

• SRC Member

Maybe yr application is not done properly....or maybe it was not applied according to recommendation.

If she really 'con' $36 off you, I think she is better off selling her stuff. She failed utterly as a 'Con-Women' 'bcos she only manage to 'con' $36. :pinch:

And the "all these Con-man and Con-woman", are you refering to Janet of AquaMarin?..

Cheers

• SRC Member
Maybe yr application is not done properly....or maybe it was not applied according to recommendation. 

If she really 'con' $36 off you, I think she is better off selling her stuff.   She failed utterly as a 'Con-Women' 'bcos she only manage to 'con' $36. :pinch:

And the "all these Con-man and Con-woman", are you refering to Janet of AquaMarin?..

Cheers

Application was done correctly. What so difficult? Tried many times, same results.

When I buy this silicone, its the last piece.

I didnt say its janet. You are pointing at her. "Are you from AM or AM frienzy?"

I am just straight and not siding anyone. Telling the truth what happened to me.

Remarks:

1) Some robbers still want to rob from old ppl for 30-40 bux. They failed as robbers? So failed to be robbers means not robbers? So police cannot catch them la.

2) $1 not money? There was a guy in China who went to every house to beg for 1RMB/person. When he was caught by the police, he had millions.

Now after thinking back, maybe its a bluff that this gal told me that the angmoh demo cutting the silicone at the tank. You think so easy to a tank's silicone which is in between two glasses? I tried to cut out my 2 ft tank using a thin blade but failed.

• SRC Member

Application was done correctly. What so difficult? Tried many times, same results.

When I buy this silicone, its the last piece.

I didnt say its janet. You are pointing at her. "Are you from AM or AM frienzy?"

I am just straight and not siding anyone. Telling the truth what happened to me.

Remarks:

1) Some robbers still want to rob from old ppl for 30-40 bux. They failed as robbers? So failed to be robbers means not robbers? So police cannot catch them la.

2) $1 not money? There was a guy in China who went to every house to beg for 1RMB/person. When he was caught by the police, he had millions.

Now after thinking back, maybe its a bluff that this gal told me that the angmoh demo cutting the silicone at the tank. You think so easy to a tank's silicone which is in between two glasses? I tried to cut out my 2 ft tank using a thin blade but failed.

cutting silicon, for me, is relatively easy.

i just took about 15min to cut out the partitions for my 4 feet sump.

all i used was just a plain ###### pen knife blade with tissue paper wrapped around(for grip and prevent myself for getting hurt).

and i got a tube of orca as well. the silicon will dry but just need abit of time in which faster than those normal silicon.

and i am ONLY sharing my experience. im not targeting or siding anyone here.

chill

:peace:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Hi Guy,

Cool down :angel: !

I'm askin for advice regards to application, pro and con of usin Orca glue :evil: . so pls dun tell me anything other than that, no flamin & quarrellin :cry: .

We are here to learn, so talk nicely.

Thanks. :bow:

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

cutting silicon, for me, is relatively easy.

i just took about 15min to cut out the partitions for my 4 feet sump.

all i used was just a plain ###### pen knife blade with tissue paper wrapped around(for grip and prevent myself for getting hurt).

and i got a tube of orca as well. the silicon will dry but just need abit of time in which faster than those normal silicon.

and i am ONLY sharing my experience. im not targeting or siding anyone here.

chill

:peace:

yeah, partition. But what if the end sides? Partitions leaks, nobody cares la. Only the sides leaks, then we all headache. furthermore partitions are not tight to glass. If tight, just nice no allowance, you will crack the glass. If you can easily cut that sides, I will bring over my 2 ft tank to you and see how you cut that, ok? Im now trying to cut off that to diy tank size.

lastly, all the tank makers worker also tell me that impossible to cut out the tank side glass except you break some of it first.

• SRC Member
Hi Guy,

Cool down  :angel: !

I'm askin for advice regards to application, pro and con of usin Orca glue :evil: . so pls dun tell me anything other than that, no flamin & quarrellin :cry: .

We are here to learn, so talk nicely.

Thanks. :bow:

not quarrel la. until that AM frienzy comes in like a lawyer burok. he want to shoot someone?

BTW this is not USA.

Now back to Orca.

Law said too this silicone will dry alot faster than normal silicone. Yes correct.

He also means cannot dry immediately as I previously too emphasized.

If cannot dry immediately, then the leaking water will push out the silicone and drops off again. Then there is hole leaking again.

If this product is so good, why not everyone selling? And why this product sale is not hot. If you want to try, I still have more than half left. I can sell to you cheap. You can see my sump internally also silicone so that means I had no other choice but to take out everything to solve this leak. A nice fellow also saw this when he came to buy some LR from me.

not quarrel la. until that AM frienzy comes in like a lawyer burok. he want to shoot someone?

BTW this is not USA.

Now back to Orca.

Law said too this silicone will dry alot faster than normal silicone. Yes correct.

He also means cannot dry immediately as I previously too emphasized.

If cannot dry immediately, then the leaking water will push out the silicone and drops off again. Then there is hole leaking again.

If this product is so good, why not everyone selling? And why this product sale is not hot. If you want to try, I still have more than half left. I can sell to you cheap. You can see my sump internally also silicone so that means I had no other choice but to take out everything to solve this leak. A nice fellow also saw this when he came to buy some LR from me.

Yalor...It's not selling like hot cake ;) that y i need advice else i will buy it liao :D .

Thanks bro reeftask :bow: .

yeah, partition. But what if the end sides? Partitions leaks, nobody cares la. Only the sides leaks, then we all headache. furthermore partitions are not tight to glass. If tight, just nice no allowance, you will crack the glass. If you can easily cut that sides, I will bring over my 2 ft tank to you and see how you cut that, ok? Im now trying to cut off that to diy tank size.

lastly, all the tank makers worker also tell me that impossible to cut out the tank side glass except you break some of it first.

Hi there,

You seems to be very knowledgable and also very well connected. Can i request for some tank maker contact cos i ll be customising one for my friend, hope that you ll oblige to my request :bow: I m asking bcos you mentioend knowing alot of tank maker, it is like you are in this trade. :lol::lol:

Do you know of other LFS selling the ORCA glue, AM doesn't have stock now.

Thanks in advance :P

Regards

Rod

• SRC Member

Hi there,

You seems to be very knowledgable and also very well connected. Can i request for some tank maker contact cos i ll be customising one for my friend, hope that you ll oblige to my request :bow: I m asking bcos you mentioend knowing alot of tank maker, it is like you are in this trade. :lol::lol:

Do you know of other LFS selling the ORCA glue, AM doesn't have stock now.

Thanks in advance :P

Regards

Rod

I am not really well connected. I am used to sourcing when at work so usually will go around finding things which is my job too. Im not in this trade, just hobby. But I did DIY my own sump which only bought the normal glass tank. In fact, many ppl had copied my design of tank and sump.

You can find those tank makers at industrial areas. They are almost everywhere is all industrial areas. Where do you stay? It is not advisable to introduce one that is at the other end of Singapore where you are faraway. You can go around and if you see that there are some glasses around a shop, you can try your luck there. I also did this way.

As I know nobody sells this Orca and Im the last one to buy it, LOL.

BTW if there is any silicone that can dry immediately, it will be highly demanded in all industry. In Engineering, there is no immediate dry silicone yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi bros,

If i may suggest, you may want to try using epoxy. It won't be as pretty as using silicone since epoxy is colored. It will also be harder to scrap it off later if you should for whatever reasons decide to do that. It also will require several mins to harder. But epoxy will stay in position under water and if you put some pressure on it using your finger during the hardening minutes, it should dry eventually to stop the leak in your sump. Just my 2 cents worth but hope it helps. :)

rics kept disturbed by snails when tried to stick to a LR. so decided using orca on my rics, but wont work. fedup and tried super glue, also wont work. perhaps will try epoxy.

I took out the LR, dried the portion to be glued and use super glue gel to stick the rics to the LR. This is the easy method. Also tried to stick the rics using super glue in the water... not succesful.

May be u stick to a small rock first, then super glue to the main LR.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

I took out the LR, dried the portion to be glued and use super glue gel to stick the rics to the LR. This is the easy method. Also tried to stick the rics using super glue in the water... not succesful.

May be u stick to a small rock first, then super glue to the main LR.

the problem, cant stick the ric with super glue so how to stick to a small LR. If can stick to a small LR, big LR should be OK.

• SRC Member

the problem, cant stick the ric with super glue so how to stick to a small LR. If can stick to a small LR, big LR should be OK.

the rics will stick to the small rock naturally...meaning u hv to put the

rics in a betta box with some small rock. once it stick to the small

rock, u can easily stick it to ur LR using gel glue or epoxy.