sticker alert

tiger

• SRC Member
3v|L,Nov 11 2003, 05:51 PM] IME its crap, will soon be covered by corraline algae or other type of algaes overtime. Some people use it to "feel safe" or look nicer..

The centre is also not sensitive. Best is to get ammonia test kits ;)

it is sensitive... changes color when ammonia content is present... just that u wont get an actual reading in ppm.....

valid for less than 1 year....

I wld say it's gd for beginners doing cycling of their tank to check on ammonia 24/7....

after that, ammonia is an issue no more :)

• SRC Member
they said that it takes hours to change colour right? Hmmm can get a Ammonia test kit for that amount

Last time i had 1 for ard 6 mths liao and then when i upgrade my tank i use it to monitor the ammonia loh... color changes in mins when i stick it on the new tank....

well, some pple may like to hav an ammonia test kit, but i think the main concern is whether ammonia is in the tank n not to test everyday to see its exact amt....

so, i wld say it's rather hassle-free.... :)

I had one in my office.....it doesnt seems to change colour....FYI, my office's tank have evaporated till almost 1/2 tank... laugh.gif nobody cares to top up.... dry.gif , imagine the quality of the water.........

it is to test ammonia wat... not to test salinity? :)

anyways, after proper cycling, no ammonia shld ever exist.... thus when u place it in an established tank, it seems not to change color loh.... :)