Anemone attacking another anemone?

Earth

Yes they do stake out their own territories sometimes... i've a feeling that your two anemones may not last that long either.... they look like they have been dyed.

That species of anemones are naturally brownish with a greenish tint. If they are bleached white, then unscrupulous collectors/wholesalers will inject them with a bright coloured dye that will make them appealing to new hobbyists who don't know any better.

Trust me... in a few days/weeks' time, the dye will wear off and you may even find it collected into your skimmer waste cup!

• SRC Member

Like what AT mention, anemones do stake out their own territories... but I believe seperation should not be a big problem here as well.... unless they stick to the same rock which the pic did not reveal any....

The anemones sure look like dye ones but do not pass the death sentence yet.... Give them a stress free envioroment and they will recover slowly.... I have bought a bleach white anemone before and toay, the anemone is still alive in my tank with a naturally brownish tint.....

PS: Do refrain from feeding big chunk food temporily... sprinkle little bits of food around for the anemone to catch naturally....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
Thanks for all the replies and advice, i will update on the color changes. I don't think i can separate them as they are stuck to 1 rock together...

No, you still can separate them although they are in one rock. Do it fast or else you will have more problems. If you stay in nearby, I can show you how