Diff between LCD and Plasma

harmony

Hi,

What is the difference between a LCD TV and a Plasma TV? Which is the type to go for?

Thanks!

plasma can go bigger.. LCD technology only can go up to 20" like tat..I believe..

Courts got some sale.. saw one 37" going for $5k only..

Go for Japan products (made in japan), its really good. I got one old TV, can use 10years still going strong.. (b4 I purposely make it spoilt, cause it was in B&W, or was it German brand, grundig sometik, can't recall..)

before buying a plasma or lcd screen....make sure it is compatible with incoming future developments in tv broadcasting, namely Digital TV broadcasting and HDTV.....

i was thinking of a Pioneer or Panasonic that time, and after reading reviews from some HiFi magazines, surprise surprise, Hitachi seems to won quite a bit of reviews of its plasma panels....and Hitachi and Fujitsu shares the same flat panel factory in Japan :)

for me the in technology is still a flat screen TV. until the day comes where I can buy a 32inch plasma TV for less than 3K, I will still stick to my flat screen TV. although I don't even have a flat screen TV at home. my 32inch outside is an old Panasonic and the one in my room in which I use to watch my cheesy DVDs is an even older Sony.

hahaha

yes. anything less than 3k. probably in a few years time, if my estimates are correct. (=

for me the in technology is still a flat screen TV. until the day comes where I can buy a 32inch plasma TV for less than 3K, I will still stick to my flat screen TV. although I don't even have a flat screen TV at home. my 32inch outside is an old Panasonic and the one in my room in which I use to watch my cheesy DVDs is an even older Sony.

hahaha

yes. anything less than 3k. probably in a few years time, if my estimates are correct. (=

I got my panasonic flat screen 33" (or was it 32") for $3K+..

can't complaint.. quite good, but abit small hor, its made in japan,

so far after 3-4years, no problem with it..

I will want a larger but widescreen TV.. hiakhiak..

no, I will be getting a projector.. tat will be good.. cheaper

n save "space". mount it on top of the ceiling. fishes can see too..

(watch show with me..)

• SRC Member
being the pioneer in plasma technology may not necessarily mean they are the best in it. just my five cents worth. :P

But at least their price tag have not drop much compared to many other brand.

Pioneer made their own plasma screen whereas others are OEM from other factory until I blurr liao...kee.kee...

but shiok.. with mini thearter experience...

DTS.. woah.. tat's why I usually buy DVD n collect.

eat all sort of junk food, n can go pang sai then carry on watchin..

wat with the newer 6.1 channel slowly embrace

by the studios.. shiok.. but time to upgrade too..

wah.. really a bomb then..

But at least their price tag have not drop much compared to many other brand.

Pioneer made their own plasma screen whereas others are OEM from other factory until I blurr liao...kee.kee...

I don't get it. you want to support Pioneer because their price tag hasn't dropped much? I thought its the other way round normally? :P

I don't get it. you want to support Pioneer because their price tag hasn't dropped much? I thought its the other way round normally? :P

I support their player..

used to be the only player in market that can play all codes..

remember the rave on RCE dvd.. certain players cannot play them.

not sure of it now though.

pioneer is good because its resolution is up to 1024x768 whereas panasonic ones are 800x600....

if u are watching our normal PAL system broadcast now, the panasonic ones may seem sharper because PAL resolution is around 800X600 or even less if i am not wrong, so if u watch current broadcast signals, panasonic may seem sharper because the pioneer have to stretch out the picture to fill the plasma panel....

but in fact, if given high definition signals, HDTV, pioneer will beat panasonic flat..hehee..my 2 *coins* worth

• SRC Member

er..i tot is the other way round? lcd was around long long before the plasma word came around..hehehe

Com'on.. I work in a consumer electronic company.

The TV devision is developing LCD TV now, who still bother about plasma.

Tank 4x2x2.5

yeah..lcd has an advantage in that the pixels seem finer than plasma's...plasma can still see some small square pixels if u look at the screen closely..but LCD are like little dots..very very fine and good in that aspect..

but like i said earlier..once u move to the sides of the LCD screen..the screen darkens and at some angles, u can't really make out what is on the screen anymore....if your seating arrangements are only direct in front of the screen..then its fine...but sometimes u have sofa seats not directly facing the screen and thats where lies the inherent disadvantage of lcd...

those using laptops now should know...once u view the screen at an angle ...the screen blurs off... ;)

I dunno.. I only know my current TV is running at 100hertz..

Malaysia made one is 50 I tik..?

100Htz means u have a very comfortable pair of eyes when watching tv...the screen doesnt seem to flicker at all..very very comfortable to the eyes...

just like our computer monitors...u set at low refresh rates...soon get watery and veins in the eyes but set at 85Htz or even higher at 100 or 120Htz...can stick to computer whole day without eye problems..lol

100Htz means u have a very comfortable pair of eyes when watching tv...the screen doesnt seem to flicker at all..very very comfortable to the eyes...

just like our computer monitors...u set at low refresh rates...soon get watery and veins in the eyes but set at 85Htz or even higher at 100 or 120Htz...can stick to computer whole day without eye problems..lol

yea.. why I always hamtam the monitor in the office high

hertz it can goes.. opps.. hope my colleague dun see tis..