Liquid Salt

• SRC Member

If by liquid salt you mean concentrated salt solution, then they cannot exist because of the unstable nature of the various ions when concentrated in water. Usually, carbonates will be precipitated. Also, if such things are marketed, you'll have to pay for the water which it comes in.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
If by liquid salt you mean concentrated salt solution, then they cannot exist because of the unstable nature of the various ions when concentrated in water. Usually, carbonates will be precipitated. Also, if such things are marketed, you'll have to pay for the water which it comes in.

I saw something like this in Reb**n. (The upper floor). New stuff which the shop owner says come from japan....

Premixed concentrated salt solution that come in plastic bottles (around 1.25 litres) and you need to mix one part to four parts of water.

Not sure how good it is.... but well, IMO, not worth the $$$$.....

• SRC Member
Premixed concentrated salt solution that come in plastic bottles (around 1.25 litres) and you need to mix one part to four parts of water.

Its going to be troublesome too.....imagine if you are changing 20% water for a 4 feet tank, you will need lots of bottle of concentrated salt.... :yeah: , thought if some manufacturer can come out with eg. 1ml to 10 litres water :yeah::yeah: , that will be great...... :whistle

• SRC Member

Chim.....makes me dizzy...... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

• SRC Member

1ml to 10 litres?! lol.. even normal table salt cannot be that concentrated in boiling water :lol::lol::lol: u'll have salt crystals all over the place :blink:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

I have no problems dissolving Coralife salt either.

IMO, you have to try your luck... get a batch that is old and exposed to air... and you'll have problems with hard-to-dissolve salt, regardless of brand.

• SRC Member

If the one you see is the one I see: the one selling in Reb*rn is not concentrated sea water. It is deep sea water that is collected from sea level that is more than 200m. The label says sea water at that level is rich in trace elements. You add a portion of it to your tank to introduce trace elements, not to produce sea water.

Change the salt brand if you not happy how it dissolves, some brand are good at dissolving...if it is your prefered brand of salt: 1. use air pump to circulate the water overnight 2. use RO/DI water which is a good solvent.

• SRC Member

If the one you see is the one I see: the one selling in Reb*rn is not concentrated sea water. It is deep sea water that is collected from sea level that is more than 200m. The label says sea water at that level is rich in trace elements. You add a portion of it to your tank to introduce trace elements, not to produce sea water.

Change the salt brand if you not happy how it dissolves, some brand are good at dissolving...if it is your prefered brand of salt: 1. use air pump to circulate the water overnight 2. use RO/DI water which is a good solvent.

OIC! But the shop person there told me it is to mix sea water... :blink::blink: I remembered him saying one part to four.... er... then again, when I look at the bottle... nippon language... :blink::blink:

Moral of lesson: Dunno dun use.... hehe