Project Reef: Ocean's Three

redmushroom

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hello there,

some suggestion here instead of to n fro for 37 pails which comes up 74 times in

n out of the toilet :cry2: y not fix up a long water hose n a pump in the toilet n let it pump to d tank instead. :whistle

:peace:

Hi Storm Trooper,

haha thought of that already, but its not really feasible becos i'd probably need like a 50ft long hose from my bathroom to connect to the tank. :P

Besides, me and my gf decided to enjoy the fun out of setting up our new tank slowly together, which explains why we counted the amount of pails needed to fill up the tank (altho we din really need to). Quite tiring process, but we enjoyed it! :D

Thanks for the kind suggestion anyway :lol:

Nice setup.. bro really appreciate the side shows in your pix... especially your gf shot :lol::lol::lol:

More pix to come please :thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Marine Environment is a good salt... as for the PURII and SORB4... you can actually add them after you cycle your tank (or towards the end of cycle)... or else you will be needing a lot more than just those small tubs :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hi Storm Trooper,

haha thought of that already, but its not really feasible becos i'd probably need like a 50ft long hose from my bathroom to connect to the tank. :P

Besides, me and my gf decided to enjoy the fun out of setting up our new tank slowly together, which explains why we counted the amount of pails needed to fill up the tank (altho we din really need to). Quite tiring process, but we enjoyed it! :D

Thanks for the kind suggestion anyway :lol:

Well tt's d spirit n keep it alive all the time.

Its good 2 hear u n ur gf having a lovely time setting up d tank.

Not will i b in the way in ur process of setting up but i will make my way waiting

to ur further progress . ;)

GOODLUCK !

• SRC Member

Another great tank in th e making :lol: U really got a WONDERFUL GIRLFRIEND for support in reefing :thanks: Must be aching all over from the work dude.

I saw a small glass compartment in the sump, is it for Fresh water top up ? keep more pics rolling in

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Another great tank in th e making :lol: U really got a WONDERFUL GIRLFRIEND for support in reefing :thanks: Must be aching all over from the work dude.

I saw a small glass compartment in the sump, is it for Fresh water top up ? keep more pics rolling in

Haha thanks alot for the compliment bro. :rolleyes:

i am still a amateur when it comes to reef keeping, will need alot of advice from you guys. :paiseh:

Yup, i am happy that my gf enjoys reefing too. At least it makes my hobby somewhat an interesting activity for the both of us, so it makes our work fun. :D

And yeah, the small glass compartment in the sump is for freshwater top-up. Will get it set-up soon and then i will post it up for you guys to see. :whistle

Promise more pix to come soon! :D

• SRC Member

Been awhile since i last posted some pictures and updates ;)

Busy looking around for cured LR's from all over the place. Realised that it isnt that easy to look for live rocks that are cured (or at least semi-cured) and also with shapes and growth that are to my liking. :lol:

Anyway, here goes: some cured LR's from Fiji and Bali from a fellow reefer. Not alot of coraline algae on it but hopefully they will be fully encrusted in time to come! :P

post-34-1185377207.jpg

• SRC Member

Here's another 2 larger pieces, bought from Iwarna. :)

The shape and coraline growth is so beautiful, it felt like as if i found 2 gems :shock: (although they are only REAL rocks, not diamonds) :eyebrow:

The rocks are cured, judging from the smell, growth and clarity of water (a beckett was in use for the holding tub for the LR's) . Probably they have been sitting in the tub for quite some time.. and this lucky chap that is ME found it. :D

post-34-1185377682.jpg

• SRC Member

actually... once ur tank stabled, its better not to put anything in ur filter area as it will hold the dirty left over foods or poo... a filter sponge is good enough...