Jervis' 6th Tank

jervismun

Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?

• Yes, a success!
    • Yes, but not a very good experience
    • No

Sorry to hijack but i am interested in the SH.

You very fast hor :lol: Only 2 minutes behind me :cry:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe... bro Dominik's refugium is also a good home lah :) But of course I have better photography... I can make your Seahorses the STARS :evil::evil::evil:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Sorry bro...

Alreay offered to jervismun,

SH should have a SH home tank like bro jervismun setup....

it's ok, seems like my refugium setup is not good enought for SH.

Current tank

Past tank

Sorry Bro,

I don't mean that yours setup not good, very sorry for using wrong words.

Dominik was just kidding lah... he where got so "small gas" :D:D:D

I was very upset with one of the Tonga branches (shown here)... the algae bloom is ruining everything :cry2:

But luckily I remembered the Turbo Snails... I moved them (by force) over yesterday before I knock off... and transferred a snail from my main tank to help out :P

post-34-1184762251.jpg

This is 12 hours later (this morning) :D:D:D Amazing job done during the night :yeah:

post-34-1184762365.jpg

A couple of hours later... amazing result!

post-34-1184762603.jpg

The heroes of my tank :bow::bow::bow:

A lot of time, reefers just complaint about algae problems... asking why why why... it could just be as simple as a couple more critters to balance the system... that's why they are called the CLEANING CREW :rolleyes:

Everything exists for a purpose... that includes Mantis Shrimps :evil:

post-34-1184762819.jpg

Really happy to see some serious foaming... I think this skimmer will be able to sustain a "sensibly" stocked tank :D

post-34-1184763682.jpg

• SRC Member

Very tempted to try out seahorse. :P Their graceful & elegant movement seems calming...

2 Qs bro, what do u feed them? They take frozen food?

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Hi bro Reefzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All my Brazilian Reidis already feeding frozen mysis when I bought them over from a reefer... they also take frozen brine shrimps and Arcti-Pods :)

Try to look for tank bred specimens... best is to get the LFS to feed them before purchasing :)

post-34-1184766366.jpg

Here's a video clip to share... it's nice to see them in a feeding frenzy... but starving SHs is no laughing matter... do practice caution when purchasing SH :)

th_ce5b70bf.jpg

Couldn't agree more that those turbo snails are a great benefit to any reef tank :P

When I bought over cured liverocks from a reefer who had algae all over the rocks, my 4 turbo snails practically cleared most of the algae in less than one week! :yeah:

• SRC Member

Its really amazing to see the snails snapping up all those algaes :blink: Saw LCK's Brazilian SH feeding on live shrimps, real cute to see them feed. They practically wait for ethe shrimps to swim pass them , then snap up like a vaccum :lol: Jervis, beautiful SH.... think ur precious prompted many reefer wanting to try SH :eyebrow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

SH feeding so cutie cutie......

May be other day, when yrs breed and i m ready to keep SH then will look for you....

Breeding is definitely something that I will be learning and experiencing soon... you are always welcome to return to the dark side :evil::evil::evil:

A macro shot of my Red Grape... seems like the grapes are expanding... but what's with that green layer of algae? :angry:

post-34-1184775404.jpg

Some Purple/Blue Mushrooms I bought recently... the colour is very intense :eyebrow:

post-34-1184775537.jpg

Bro, where u got those mushies?

A place where Ah Lians hang out :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Very tempted to try out seahorse. :P Their graceful & elegant movement seems calming...

2 Qs bro, what do u feed them? They take frozen food?

i totally agree seahorse are calming ;)

but do take note seahorse are very demanding

gotta feed them constantly cos they dun hv a stomach to store food :(