Jervis' 6th Tank

jervismun

Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?

• Yes, a success!
    • Yes, but not a very good experience
    • No

I am wondering if Mini Arctica will be able to keep the tank temperature down effectively... The tank capacity is already close to chiller max capacity... Plus the heat from the light, have used the 55w before, it is hot..

Hi bro Terryz... actually I was warned by AM when I made the order... but I am really curious how the tiny little Arctica will perform :P

I've postponed the delivery of my Mini Arctica to this coming Saturday coz I'm afraid I cannot resist the temptation of transferring the SH over :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link to Mini Arctica

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here's one of the 2 return pumps... 550l/h each... achieving around 10 times water circulation into the back compartment per hour :) I believe these are the same pumps Red Sea uses in their Prizm skimmer :erm:

Shouldn't complain too much about the 9W power consumption :unsure:

post-34-1183977037.jpg

Hi bro Terryz... actually I was warned by AM when I made the order... but I am really curious how the tiny little Arctica will perform :P

I've postponed the delivery of my Mini Arctica to this coming Saturday coz I'm afraid I cannot resist the temptation of transferring the SH over :lol:

Okay, actually would save you the trouble to change the chiller again if you have gotten a bigger chiller... Haha..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Okay, actually would save you the trouble to change the chiller again if you have gotten a bigger chiller... Haha..

I believe the Mini Arctica can do the job as the lighting hours are air-conditioned anyway :) Will install Aquatronica temperature probe to monitor the tank temperature :P

This is the return pump area (left side of the tank)... put the 2 return pumps behind this glass panel (align to the two holes)... and it's done :)

post-34-1183990228.jpg

With a total of 4 wires (2 return pumps, 1 skimmer pump, 1 lighting... gonna be a mess?

No worries... you see the groove line that runs across?

post-34-1183995681.jpg

That groove line is specially designed to lay the wires (like laying underground cables) and it comes with a cover too... safety first! :bow:

post-34-1183995903.jpg

The groove will lead all wires to the right side control panel... this is how the wires will make a turn :shock:

Personally, I am really amazed by the effort put into designing this tank... truly an european-level product :eyebrow:

I will show you guys the best part tomorrow :)

post-34-1183996031.jpg

• SRC Member
ok, that's cool Jervis... u this a*sho*e ... why you are so rich .. :angry::bow::P

Relax bro, at least he is sharing his stuff online leh, rather than be rich but not sharing it online. At least we benefit a little with the product info and such. ;)

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

What is the best part..

Haha...

I think the best part is the thorough design in ensuring higher safety standards... it's true that water and electricity do not mix very well :lol:

Let's take a look at the rubber protected switch panel... on the right side of the tank... with pictograms to cross the language barrier :yeah:

post-34-1184068505.jpg

Behind the switch panel, is actually the power socket itself... what you see here is the 100% splash-proof protective plastic that covers the entire power socket... in case of splashing and flooding... there's only a small hole at the bottom of the plastic to allow wires to pass through :o

post-34-1184068640.jpg

This is the power socket (without the protective plastic)... neatly arranged with similar pictorgrams on the socket to show proper placements and on the wires so that you don't have to play guessing game (which happen to most of us anyway) :lol::lol::lol:

The length of the wires are just right... amazing effort :bow:

post-34-1184068798.jpg

Ok now it's time for technology to slowly creep in :lol: Will be using Aquatronica:

1) Power Unit (aka power socket)

2) Temperature Probe

3) Water Level Probe (for auto freshwater top-up)

Still considering if I should get a pH probe for it too :cry:

post-34-1184072347.jpg

Connected the temperature probe today (previously used for my sump as extra)... was shocked by the tank temperature :o

33ºC :nuke::nuke::nuke: Without lighting some more :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Currently only running 3 pumps (1 skimmer, 2 return)... that's all :huh: I believe the total conceal of the top is one of the determining factors :pinch:

post-34-1184072851.jpg

Connected the temperature probe today (previously used for my sump as extra)... was shocked by the tank temperature :o

33ºC :nuke::nuke::nuke: Without lighting some more :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Currently only running 3 pumps (1 skimmer, 2 return)... that's all :huh: I believe the total conceal of the top is one of the determining factors :pinch:

If i never remember wrongly... They have fans fixed on the hoods for ventilation...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

If i never remember wrongly... They have fans fixed on the hoods for ventilation...

Yes they do have fan... but I believe that fan is mainly for removing heat from the hood itself (lighting and ballast/s)... as the fan is concealed within the hood itself. Ok will on the lighting (with fan) tomorrow and see if the condition can be improved.

Meanwhile, for those reefers thinking of just relying on CPU fan to cool this nano... maybe should consider properly.

Will post result tomorrow :)

Here's my Aquatronica data recording... still within the range of 33ºC :cry:

post-34-1184073708.jpg

tEc,Jul 10 2007, 10:29 PM] juz now collect already fixed up so soon  :P

No lah... those stuff are still inside my car :P