Which pdts r more reliable

Hihi,

There r so many brands in the mkt from salt, food, skimmers, tanks to chillers etc. So far, it is difficult to locate the threads in this forum. Guess newbies like me & don't want to waste money buying some less reliable products.

Ya, I know it is subjective...some will say this one good while others disagree. But all we need is a guide rather than a bible. At least, we r moving in the correct direction (as u know it is costly to buy a chiller & we may end up with a noisy one & regret but r stuck with it as it is not cheap). :cry2:

So can the seniors or anyone gives some advices (just state what u prefer to use & maybe why. Need not state which one u dislike, don't want to end up slandering products/somebody here...). :angry:

So please post which pdts r ur favourite. Thank u v much. :thanks:

:idea: Well, if there's sufficicent info, I may compile a favorite list divided into diff categories & share with the bros here. Pls lend ur support.

It's quite difficult to come to a conclusion about what products are good especially when budget is concerned. I mean I will be having top-of-the-line lighting pendants vs a DIY MH anytime!

Skimmers come in so many different designs with performance that comes with a higher price tag. Would it make you buy a cheap Weipro skimmer coz more people are on budget reefing and using it and can't afford to get a H&S Skimmer? There is a HUGE difference in performance and price points. :)

For some smaller items like test kits and saltmix... its probably much easier... :)

Skimmer- H&S(reliable and very efficient but expensive), euro- reef(super efficient but take up lots of space due to large footprint), Weipro(cheap and rather efficient but parts are easily damage as the skimmer is mostly made up of cheap plastic parts), Red sea prizm(compact with slim design but expensive compared to weipro and produce some noise which maybe annoying to some)

Chiller- Resun(cheap but prodce lots of heat and noise), reef relief(quiet ad good), teco

Additive- seachem, kent

Thanks for your reply Achilles Tang.

I do get ur point. Of course, no way to compare a premium pdts to budget ones. u pay for what u get. If u pay peanuts, u should expect less.

BUT the impt point here (no offence at all) is -> at least when I buy something cheap, it is at least useful although must lower expectation. If I'm going for expensive items, at least I know the money is well spend & worth it.

As u know, LFS always says the pdt they carry r good & many actually got no experience in keeping marine tanks.

What I'm trying to establish here is to at least have some qty control and it would be a great help to the newbies -> it is up to them to decide whether they want to spend more for top end pdts or keep a budget tank but at least the stuff they use r not junk.

Hope u undertstand. :)