replies

mv3i

• SRC Member

hi everyone ,

juz notice that there are quite a few members here already and noticed also that some log on quite frequently ( like myself). Sad to say, nothing is happening much in this forum ... ie lots of guys log in / read and not post anything most of the time ... agree ??? ( maybe i'm sensitive ) :D

i think that this site is great for local marine hobbist ... AT SET the right example by starting this site ... also with the xmas gathering .... but we guys got to particpate more .... be it in a samll or big way ;)

i for one ... learn quite a few thing since i join late october ....

anyway just my 2 cents worth

:P:P:P:P

Bro,

It's ok! There will always be a majority who are 'lurkers'... who prefer to search for information and don't really post much or at all... simply because:

1. They are shy ;)

2. They are newbies and don't have much to 'contribute' (yet)

3. They are afraid of being flamed (as the culture is in USA-based RC)

I must confess that I am a lurker in RC coz of a flaming incident before.

I think it's fine to be very opinionated and verbal like the westerners but some of them can be ridiculously stubborn and one-tracked.

To those who feel that the above points are true... rest assured, that I intend to make SRC a place where you can be free to ask as many questions as possible to the point of irritation and then get ignored! (heh heh! Seriously, some of us need to do some reading & research first before asking... too many repetitive questions that has been answered before can get on one's nerves).... and don't be afraid to show off your tanks, ask for advice, share your experiences becoz....

THIS IS A REEF CLUB AIMED AT BRINGING MARINE REEF HOBBYISTS OF ALL AGES, EXPERIENCES AND BACKGROUNDS TOGETHER TO LEARN, SHARE AND TEACH ONE ANOTHER SO WE CAN ALL ADVANCE AND BENEFIT TOGETHER!

I also promise that this Club will have an Asian culture - for Asian hobbyists... and we will have our common traits of grace, respect and courtesy to each other ie. no excessive flaming & back-biting, shown in our interaction.

As far as I can tell... the Club is heading in a right direction. Most of the hobbyists I meet are nice decent people! ;)

AT

• SRC Member

yah , i totally agree with you ..... just like pple in here to speak out more ( whatever the topics might be ) ... sometimes you never know what you could learnt just by talking/asking !!! anyway , think this is a great place to start with for locals ...

keep up the great job everyone ... and especially you AT

:D

• SRC Member
Sad to say, nothing is happening much in this forum

I think this forum is considered quite active already. Postings can actually be seen on a daily basis. There are some forums that are even slower. You can actually post and wait half a month before you even get any replies, if at all. :P and the only thing you can see will be the same old postings everyday...yawn! The moderator will be the one answering posts and starting them too! I was almost half afraid he could be posting a question and answering it himself.:lol:

Although I would like to help others and share ideas if I can, I don't really have the time to post much cos I'm simply too busy. This is also another real "excuse" bugging some of us here. :P