Any comments

SpiderOne

• SRC Member

I have finally become sick of chiller exhaust 2 feet away from my head when im asleep. and heating up my whole room and fighting with my air con. Tried to put chiller near the window. no use. tried to put chiller somewhere high up. no use. Now i've done the next best thing i can think of. Put chiller in brothers room. what pump could i use to drive the water about 24 feet to the chiller and back into my sump ?

• SRC Member

Please excuse me if my answer sound stupid. I am still new and dont know much about the chiller.

Is it water proof? If it is you could try hanging it out of the window like the air-con compressor.

Else, try to shield the chiller from yourself with something wooden. A wooden panel??

• SRC Member

chiller exhaust needs a place to vent seal it in a wooden box and it blows up on u :P . shield myself with wood? im worried about the ambient temperature in my room.. not the deadly chiller shooting out heat rays at me :) . Hanging 16kg big metal boxes outside your window is .. not as easy as it sounds.. and doubt its meant for outdoor use :) .

Industrial pump... my water wont be chilled already. run into the chiller and straight out again. currently have an eheim 1000/hr PH throwing water 5 feet down to the chiller another 2 ft of space and 5 feet back up into tank . New feed will be to my sump. no need to worry abt head

• SRC Member
iwaki lor...h.a.h.ah... but sold liao..too bad :P

alamak...you miss one of the best sale of the year, which is the backup of the backup pump.

Still wonder how is the water flow strength into your tank, when the pump is just 1000l/hr, 5ft down and 5ft up..... :rolleyes: was it like dripping :P

Oh. I think we didn't answer his question 'Any comments, Chiller exhaust evasion'

Since his chiller is in his room, and he's looking for evasion from the exhaust, the only option now is to move out of his room. :D

• SRC Member

huh I don't get it, your room aircon fights with your chiller exhaust? so why can't you just switch off your chiller at nite and just use your room aircon??? alternatively, use your room aircon only and give me your chiller! :evil:

anyhow I think its pointless to put chiller in your bro's room lah, sooner or later he'll complain then you'll have to shift it again.... hhmm maybe to your parents' room, then maid's room then living room... then then.... heh....

I think the best way is still the ikea play tunnel idea lah, or at least channel out of window somehow.

• SRC Member

chiller doesnt run at night. but in the day im home aircon on. it runs and heats up my whole room with that exhaust smell cant stand it.

Sinn: if i owned the house sure id do that.

U all seem to think that i am incapable of shutting a 9 year old up. :)