garden eel...

• SRC Member

i wouldn't trust ANY eel to be fish safe.

it might not harm corals buit they tend to be clumsy,

and knock or break your frags..

or dig into your substrate....

possibly upsetting your rockwork or DSB.

i'd have one in a species tank specially setup for eels

if you intend to keep one.

esp the garden eel which has a poor captivity record.

oops... you were referring to garden eels? I thought you said snake eels...those are definitely fish-eaters. :P

Garden eels are cute tiny creatures... I have never seen them sold in Singapore! They are zooplankton eaters.

oops... you were referring to garden eels? I thought you said snake eels...those are definitely fish-eaters. :P

Garden eels are cute tiny creatures... I have never seen them sold in Singapore! They are zooplankton eaters.

Wow..looks like AT does'nt go Re***n often. They have those eels quite frequently..bought 1 before...but it had problem with the food I was feeding it. Fussy little bugger. <_<

Anyway..if you do put one in your tank..you will only see it when it comes out...which is less often than a blood shrimp.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

how big can garden eels grow can my 2 feeter nano be comfort for them??

its normal see them around.. sold still small only like 5-10 cm long cute little things.. and they are eels rite and eat fish??

Metals... you have to provide a 12 inch deep sandbed if you want an eel garden. :)

Species only tank as they are extremely shy.... and feed lots of zooplankton food.

• SRC Member

12 inches deep sand thats damm deep !!

well if thats the case it will cover my whole tank killer man

well read on the site u do it say atleast 6 inches hehe thats half my tank my tank is

24 by 12 by 12 standard 2 feet tank

When you go rebor*, got to the section where they place thier invertebrate, there you will see plenty of there kind of eel.... usually place in small container like those for keeping fighting fish.