Dazer's new nano

Dazer

Oh man... your tank looks like a FULL SIZE TANK!!! Amazing bonsai technique :bow::bow::bow: With SPS some more :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Thanks Jervis! Must bring over Singaporean kiasu spirit, stack as much corals as i can within limited space. :lol: As of now, i'm competiting against 26 reefers and even if i don't win, i still got a nice tank to admire. I got a few brown acros which i got it dirt cheap from 5 -10 bucks a piece and waiting for them to color up. Currently waiting for a brown monti which i got for 5 bucks to color up to purple. More updates coming up! Thanks for viewing! Cheers mates! :P

• SRC Member

Hi guys! Went to my usual marine store and found this piece lying there for quite some time. I was amazed that a nice piece like this is not taken up immediately. It has purple color base and white centre. Decided to name it "Purple Ice". :yeah:

post-69-1176462383.jpg

• SRC Member

hi Terryz! For sps, Pc lights can color up montis, pink birdnest, pink and green pocci and green stylopora. I'm still experimenting to see whether the existing brown acros can color up. Will update you with my progress.

hi Terryz! For sps, Pc lights can color up montis, pink birdnest, pink and green pocci and green stylopora. I'm still experimenting to see whether the existing brown acros can color up. Will update you with my progress.

Great, That should be enough... Haha..

Be sure to update on the progress...

Thanks...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Morning guys! Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend cleaning up your tanks. My itchy hands can't seem to prevent me from getting more corals.. i'm really packed to the max. Blew away 80 aussie bucks to get 5 playtoa colonies. I hope they are as manageable as the zoos. Here is the pic i have yet post in the aussie website. My loveable threesome :whistle Purple, blue and pink with green skirt.

post-69-1176610073.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Some updates. My purple palytoa sadly didn't make it. Monti plate was badly stung by hammer and praying for the best. Reposition some of the corals to balance the color composition under actinic lights. Enjoy! :lol:

Front view

post-69-1179562785.jpg

• SRC Member

Competing against aussie hobbyists who are using Mh, skimmers, zeovit, chillers etc. So i'm pretty happy with the results i'm getting considering i'm using PCs and a hang on filter. Some of my acros have colored up significantly especially those directly under the PCs. Currenly having 17 small colonies/frags( minus off the monti) in my tank. Got to dose kalkwaser twice a week cause of the huge calcium intake

side view

post-69-1179563785.jpg

• SRC Member

Nope.No eagle eyes zoos in perth. Those are the common orange zoos u can find locally in singapore lfs. I have just added a royal gamma and apparently the fish has ich. Thankfully it is feeding and i have increased my tank temperature to 27 degrees to speed up the ich cycle. I caught my flameback nibbling at the rotten palytoa and hopefully it will not develop a taste for the healthy polyps.

post-69-1179690554.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys! I got bad news. Apparently i might be out of the contest as someone has commented that i might have been disqualifed cause i removed a piece of rotting zoo from my tank. I'm still waiting for a reply to confirm whether i'm still in or out of the contest.Anyway, more updates from my tank. I might get an ATO topup unit when i come back for holidays this july to make it less tendious for the watertops. My evporation rate seem to increase cause of the winter climate.

some corals have improved in color while others are still brown. Hopefully can get them to color up. <_<

post-69-1181144524.jpg