Nano 6 or 12G cube

Jameshong

Hi,

I'm thinking of setup a new nano tank for my son. And like to know how much is the cost of getting one new 6 and 12 gallon Nano Cube with stand?

My worry is it sufficient for housing 4 to 6 2" fishes with Mushroom only?

Any input is welcome !

:bow:

thanks

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Hi bro

Don't mean to be rude... but I will suggest you reconsider your plan... and get your son something else instead.

Reasons being:

1) Most of us adults are still trying our very best everyday to keep the fishes alive and happy... it shows that it is not an easy task although it may seem rather simple.

2) Your intended water volume is too small. In my honest opinion, only experienced and dedicated reefers can pull off with such small volume of water as the need for water change is great. All parameters will experience extreme fluctuations day in day out in such small volume. Making it very difficult to sustain.

3) Four to six 2" fish is definitely not a sustainable quantity. Do remember those 2" fish will grow into 4" within 6 months. I will suggest, keeping the bioload really low with maybe 2 fish for 6 Gallons, and max 4 for 12 Gallons.

4) To witness dying fish is demoralizing enough for us adults... I suggest don't let your son witness it... or worse... to remove half consumed/rotten corpses from the tank.

I'll suggest getting your boy a freshwater tank instead. They are more hardy and less sensitive to fluctuations.

All the best!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica