Display your fowlr tank here!!

• SRC Member
My readings for nitrate is 50 -100 and phosphate is 1 from salifert kit. This kind of condition have been hangimg for the last 6 months. Fishes ok but have this feeling of a big chopper above my head all the time.

Some say that Nitrates and phosphates have no effect on fish but still worry.

How's your parameters reading?

Is Prodibio working for you?

My parameters were like yours more than 6 months ago. I didn't bother to measure anymore as they have always been the same. I know with so many fishes there's no way it's gonna come down. I am not sure if prodibio is working physically, but psychologically, it is :idea:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
nice. Interested in adding a queen, how's their survival rate?

This Queen is my 2nd try, 1st was a smaller one which was about 2.5inches, lasted only 1 month i think..

I heard that a 4inches one should be more robust and adapt to captive environment more easily. They should also be fed with lots of sponges as that's their natural food in the ocean. The Ocean Nutrition Angel Formula frozen food should contain what they need.

My current Queen should be with me for about 6 months already.

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Feeding time with Ocean Nutrition frozen cube

bro, finally u post ur gems in ur tank :)

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
bro, finally u post ur gems in ur tank :)

Did i manage to tempt u into going for an all angels tank? :upsidedown:

so what's ur final plan with your tank?

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Did i manage to tempt u into going for an all angels tank? :upsidedown:

so what's ur final plan with your tank?

My tank still empty now leh with just LR & a pair of percular clown.. Still not decided what to do going forward. Angels seems like sifficult fishes to keep. Do you have any beginner angels to recommend. Not those King & Queen la... Beside being ex, i thk they shld be place in the hands of more experienced reefers..

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
My tank still empty now leh with just LR & a pair of percular clown.. Still not decided what to do going forward. Angels seems like sifficult fishes to keep. Do you have any beginner angels to recommend. Not those King & Queen la... Beside being ex, i thk they shld be place in the hands of more experienced reefers..

Actually, I feel that King is quite hardy and quite easy to keep. They will adapt to pellet food very fast and always eats like a pig. Yes they may be ex but I find them very hardy.

• SRC Member

Yup, king is easy, and imo, these are the other easy angels:

blueface

koran

asfur

maculosus

chrysurus

If you can maintain your water parameters for corals, fish no problem at all...

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

Went to Sealife just now, they have blueface, majestic, regal, emperor, lemarck and poma in many different sizes. Good chance to get a couple of angels together to reduce future aggression... :D

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Hi All FOWLR Lovers

Had never post my, here we go:

Nice tusk! :eyeblur: hoping to get 1 too if not for the shrimps... U are making me jealous with 2 flame angels cos i can't even keep 1 alive... :cry2:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

Earth, my flame angel KO yesterday, been feeding well, not much fishes in tank, nitrate 0.

Still..... I was reading on some forums, it is said that due to improper handling, some might have internal injury before arriving at LFS... I wonder how true....

• SRC Member
Earth, my flame angel KO yesterday, been feeding well, not much fishes in tank, nitrate 0.

Still..... I was reading on some forums, it is said that due to improper handling, some might have internal injury before arriving at LFS... I wonder how true....

i've flame KO on me too. what's could be the reasons? been down on luck with angels. weird though, 1 keyhole been with me for a few months. are they sensitive to nitrate or PH change?

• SRC Member
i've flame KO on me too. what's could be the reasons? been down on luck with angels. weird though, 1 keyhole been with me for a few months. are they sensitive to nitrate or PH change?

Yah, would like to find out why too? Cos i have tried many flames from new to established ones from other reefers but the longest flame that i had was only 1 month... But still there are many reefers who have kept their flames for years...

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

From ur pic, it appears that u do not have any other dwaft angels which might stress the flame... Since ur no3 is 0 and its feeding well, that makes it even harder to believe that the flame can KO... Btw, how long u have kept it?

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank