Display your fowlr tank here!!

• SRC Member
Bro Earth,

Yr fishes seemed to be much lesser than before...last time got many wrasses, tangs and angels. You sold them huh?

Hi Bro

I had a disaster months ago when the power for the tank tripped while I was overseas. Wiped out almost 90% of my L.S. Only the earspot angel and a purple tang managed to survive. The rest all :angel: .... Now slowly stocking up again....

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Hi Bro

I had a disaster months ago when the power for the tank tripped while I was overseas. Wiped out almost 90% of my L.S. Only the earspot angel and a purple tang managed to survive. The rest all :angel: .... Now slowly stocking up again....

OMG!! Sorry to hear that. That's one of the worst nightmares when we travelled overseas. The current stock looks great too, keep us posted when there are more new acquistions...

Juz rescape. Now dusty like hell :P

post-12121-1205849484.jpg

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

cool. Is the clown for the lion fish to makan?

No le... but it ate 2 of my small chromis. :heh:

The clownfish was with him for 6 month already B)

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Here's mine, just re-setup not too long ago earlier this year after my old 4ft tank sprung a leak. Re-used all the old rocks from my previous 4ft tank. Still quite empty and nothing much compared to what you guys have here. :whistle Will continue stocking after exams, now too busy to go shopping for fish.

At the moment, here's the stocking:

x1 Longnose hawkfish

x1 Magnificent Foxface

Full tank shot:

WholeTank_Small.jpg

Magnificent Foxface:

MagnificentFoxFace_Small.jpg

Longnose Hawkfish:

LongnoseHawkfish1_Small.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks. :thanks:

Anyway, forgot to mention i've got a pair of camel shrimps in there but they never show up when there's light so i've not had a chance to take a pic of them yet. I only get to see them when i peep at the tank at night after lights out with a torchlight. They only appear at night when both the tank lights and living room lights are out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Did the rest of the angels go aggressive towards the new addition?

Only the queen dare to touch the king, but only for the first 2 days. After that all's well. Lucky me, the rest show no sign of aggression....

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Hi earth,

Do you have high nitrates and phosphates in your tank? How do you deal with them?

My no3 and po4 very high. For no3, i am running a deltec 1260 skimmer, unfortunately that's the biggest skimmer i can accommodate due to the constraints of my sumpless tank. I also have 7pcs of mangrove growing in my tank. For Po4, I am running a customised FR which can put in whole big bottle of rowa or sorb4, but they are depleting at a very fast rate, abit heavy for my pocket :pirate:

Additive i use to solve the problems are prodibio products and of course the convention way of water change. I will try to change 30% to 40% using NSW per month

:thanks:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

My readings for nitrate is 50 -100 and phosphate is 1 from salifert kit. This kind of condition have been hangimg for the last 6 months. Fishes ok but have this feeling of a big chopper above my head all the time.

Some say that Nitrates and phosphates have no effect on fish but still worry.

How's your parameters reading?

Is Prodibio working for you?