My 1st 5ft ...

New Reefer

• SRC Member

that's one badass skimmer! *woot woot* i also want this kinda skimmer and your chiller looks cool also lar.

anyway ur tank looks a lil cloudy. do you have a mid water filter intake that will suck water from the water colum and pipe it into the sump? that might help.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

wow, upgraded 4 times with a year :bow: you must be having a lot of fun then :lol:

as for the sps, just go for it :evil: but need to add in more wave & light first

hahaa... i'm having lots of fun ... but my hubby is suffering from pocket hole syndrome ... :P

Might not wanna add sps yet ... wanna learn LPS and softies first ...

Next tank will be a fiber glass with front starphire glass front side (hubby tell me one) ... but he still thinking should be on platform or floor cos he intend to do big time ... :yeah:

• SRC Member
that's one badass skimmer! *woot woot* i also want this kinda skimmer and your chiller looks cool also lar.

anyway ur tank looks a lil cloudy. do you have a mid water filter intake that will suck water from the water colum and pipe it into the sump? that might help.

hi,

care to elaborate more into this? I wanna learn more ... :thanks:

• SRC Member
tank specs.

the dimension of the tank.

the thickness of glass.

the equipments that you're using and the model number.

the water pumps. wave maker.

the lights.

dimension of sump.

these are tank specs.

tank specs ...

the dimension of the tank: 5 by 2 by 2.5

the thickness of glass 12 mm with top, side and bottom enforcement ...

the equipments that you're using and the model number: hmmm ... big skimmer, big chiller, twin NOS (FR), wave box, AB return pump etc ...

Resun wave maker (I bought it but kena scolded by my hubby :pinch::( )

the lights, hmm ... 3 sets of HID head light, very bright type... kekee, 250w

dimension of sump. 3 by 2 by 2

interesting meh ... :blink: guys are guys ... colorful corals are more interesting lor ... :yeah:

Resun wave maker (I bought it but kena scolded by my hubby :pinch::(

Why leh? Your hubby only likes Tunze? :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Why leh? Your hubby only likes Tunze? :lol:

he explains that this unit is big and heavy, currently no magnet to use ... need to DIY if wanna use magnet ... this unit have small medium and big wave but controller is only controlling the timing of the wave, meaning how long you wan the small then the medium and then the big. however, tested and seems like the difference is only 1-2 s.

now can only put quite high and also cannot have a bracing tank, need to use other things to modify abit ...

Troublesome ... :ph34r: just our opinion, dont flame me ... :)

• SRC Member

oh and he added, now he is using normal sieo and nano tunze for the blind spot with individual digi timer to control, on and off to simulate the changing of under current of reef ... he is crazy ... :lol:

he say just his idea nia, no write up and supportive papers lor ... to each his own ... :ph34r:

he explains that this unit is big and heavy, currently no magnet to use ... need to DIY if wanna use magnet ... this unit have small medium and big wave but controller is only controlling the timing of the wave, meaning how long you wan the small then the medium and then the big. however, tested and seems like the difference is only 1-2 s.

now can only put quite high and also cannot have a bracing tank, need to use other things to modify abit ...

Troublesome ... :ph34r: just our opinion, dont flame me ... :)

Nah no flaming... all your above comments are valid and definitely something that Resun should look at when they are to design the next generation... both of you are very observant :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

oh and he added, now he is using normal sieo and nano tunze for the blind spot with individual digi timer to control, on and off to simulate the changing of under current of reef ... he is crazy ... :lol:

he say just his idea nia, no write up and supportive papers lor ... to each his own ... :ph34r:

It's a great idea actually... but make sure the timer doesn't on/off the pumps too many times... the last time I read, the Tunze Stream 6060 (non controllable) only allows not more than 24 times a day. So if your timer on/off the pumps more than once an hour... the chances are... they might get spoilt a lot faster :)

If you hubby is interested to find out more... it has something to do with the current used... one using AC the other DC... if I am not wrong.

• SRC Member

Nah no flaming... all your above comments are valid and definitely something that Resun should look at when they are to design the next generation... both of you are very observant :bow:

no la, not observant...

buy liao then my hubby tell me lor ... but seems to be true ... kekee :fear:

• SRC Member

It's a great idea actually... but make sure the timer doesn't on/off the pumps too many times... the last time I read, the Tunze Stream 6060 (non controllable) only allows not more than 24 times a day. So if your timer on/off the pumps more than once an hour... the chances are... they might get spoilt a lot faster :)

If you hubby is interested to find out more... it has something to do with the current used... one using AC the other DC... if I am not wrong.

yep, he told me he have taken this into consideration, the tide is change every 6 hrs, so he is only controlling like 6 hours interval for each of the pump ... ;)

• SRC Member

tank specs ...

the dimension of the tank: 5 by 2 by 2.5

the thickness of glass 12 mm with top, side and bottom enforcement ...

the equipments that you're using and the model number: hmmm ... big skimmer, big chiller, twin NOS (FR), wave box, AB return pump etc ...

Resun wave maker (I bought it but kena scolded by my hubby :pinch::( )

the lights, hmm ... 3 sets of HID head light, very bright type... kekee, 250w

dimension of sump. 3 by 2 by 2

interesting meh ... :blink: guys are guys ... colorful corals are more interesting lor ... :yeah:

if specs not good then corals not colorful already.

good equipments give the corals a good enviroment to grow.