kenYO

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jervismun/ pingpong

A shot of my aqualight mini, I added in 2 x 39W T5 blue plus from dr evil.

Led light + transformer from sim lim tower @ less than 10 bucks

still thinking wherther to add in another set of aqualight or just add in more T5 for better coverage ;)

post-34-1174449166.jpg

• SRC Member
jervismun/ pingpong

still thinking wherther to add in another set of aqualight or just add in more T5 for better coverage ;)

cool... wonder if i can fix one onto my 1 feet pl light anot?? Bro kenYO, its connected to ur current lightset or have another switch??

• SRC Member
jervismun/ pingpong

Hey ken...a word of caution on the LED bulbs in your aqualight fixture...there was a case with another reefer whereby his LEDs completely melted due to the heat...

I notice it's sandwiched between 2 MH bulbs...the heat is probably gonna be too much for the LED to handle. U just might wanna take note of that buddy.

cheers ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Hey ken...a word of caution on the LED bulbs in your aqualight fixture...there was a case with another reefer whereby his LEDs completely melted due to the heat...

I notice it's sandwiched between 2 MH bulbs...the heat is probably gonna be too much for the LED to handle. U just might wanna take note of that buddy.

cheers ;)

Agree

southpaw23/ KennethK

thanks for the concern :thanks::bow: agree 250W mh is very very (x9) hot :evil:

the LED & MH hv been up & running for more a month now...so far so good but will continue to monitor the epoxy resin on the LED.

As my tank is open concept so the air circulation around the light set is very good. Further more as a KS singaporean, I use a 12" fan blowing at the light set/ water surface whenever the MH is on :lol:

borinz

The fitting is about 7cm by 2cm with 3 LED bulbs and 2 screw holes on the side. U can link up a few of this on a single transformer for better coverage.

The size make it very ideal for nano tank IMO. It run on 12VDC independent switch for my case act as a moon light

• SRC Member
jervismun/ pingpong

yo ken ;)

im thinking of adding 2 t5 HO blue tubes to my MH :lol:

wonder how much is the cost? <_<

can help me wif it? :thanks:

hmm

i tot last time told u ur PQ all female le :lol::lol::lol:

If all Anthias are the same... sooner or later the largest specimen among the school will slowly morph into a male... just wait and enjoy the transformation :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
some updates

my wife say there's a d24 durain in my tank :lol:<_<;)

post-34-1174126190.jpg

I like views like this. It draws me further in. Great scaping there. :) I can imagine, how beautiful it'll look with fuller SPS. ... I'm envious for the depth you have. Is that 2.5' deep?

I think you can do with more flow too... JMO tho.

WaNeR/ jervismun

don't need to wait for the transformation, just ask waner to sell me her male PQ :evil: free 2 female somemore :lol::lol::lol:

madmac

:thanks:

this is my first marine tank so will do thing with more caution. Will slowly add in more sps and some LPS on the sandbed along the way.

The wave is driven by 2 nos of tunze 6100 @ 30%-100% susequential mode and that make up a total turnover of 70x at 100% & 20x @ 30%.

Planning to add in more wave depend on sps growth.

The tank depth is 2.5ft.

as per requested :lol:

the top 1 is the male :rolleyes:

yo ken, saw 2 male PQ at AM :lol:  :lol:

Err... all my 7 PQs look like your MALE specimen leh :shock::shock::shock:

Just kidding :erm:

Oh now I know how to see... let me go back office tomorrow to try spot any MALE... hopefully not more than one :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica