Menu Planning

• SRC Member

Hi guys (and gers?): need to research on food this time. In your opinion, wats the best food for marine fishes? is there such a food tts erm PERFECT? :rolleyes: i wana know wat kind of food tt will feed both herbivores n carnivores, not introduce unwanted stuff into the water (eg. phosphates) and not too expensive..... wat u guys think abt spirulina algae? issit good?

TKS! :)

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

There is no purely algae food that is 100% perfect in every way.

You will need a blend of foods to balance your fishes' diet. eg. meaty foods like mysis, brine shrimp, fish meat, raw prawn, fish roe, mussels, squids all provide good protein and HUFA (Hughly unsaturated fatty acids). Spirulina, nori and other marine algae provide other forms of nutrition like protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals etc.

High quality pellets can be good too. Some even come with anti-parasitic properties.

It is best to wash some of the frozen foods to strain our tiny bits or liquid additives to preserve them that could potentially add a lot of phosphate salts to your water. Strain them and then add Selco/Selcon for HUFA and vitamin loading, add garlic extract for anti-parasitic boost, let the mixture soak for a while before feeding.

Your fishes will thank you!

:lol:

• SRC Member

wow AT, tat sounds like a 10-course dinner as opposed to my intended kopi-tiam 1-plate chicken rice meal for my fishes! hehe :lol:

u mentioned frozen food... issit we go supermarts n get them off the shelves, chop up nicely for the fishes?

wat about fishes like tangs, angels which are herbivores? they dun take such stuff rite?

i recalled u mentioned nori seaweed from NTUC? wat do they provide?

i rem i went to some LFS they were feeding their fishes wif some lettuce/vegetables....do u all do that?

:rolleyes:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11