J's Nano Tank

jervismun

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro Jv,

How much is the nano reef package?

Any local lfs carry it? Or i have to order online?

Bro Sunny... yes I think it will be available locally pretty soon... do check out Tunze's website for local wholesalers and retailers :P If you are not in a hurry... do allow me to run this little guy for a week or two :eyebrow: You can order from www.sewatec.com also... but the overall price to pay (esp. the freight charges) can be steep :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Since the water is completely from my existing tank and the Reefpack 200 been running in my sump no.2 for a week now... I figure I can add some spice to the tank... just to help the skimmer kick-in faster :lol:

The rocks are from my sump no.1... oh I must remember to remove those macroalgae :cry: The colony of Green Zoas are there temporarily... will monitor it under my 27W PL... hopefully that will help me select my future corals/inverts for this nano :)

post-69-1168363132.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

bro u going for bare base ?

Most probably... unless something/someone made me change my mind :lol:

Actually I have this crazy idea of covering the entire bottom with Green Star Polyps :lol:

Last pix of the day... phew... quite a lot actually... the Tunze skimmer is slowly kicking-in... I dunno why... I got a feeling this will take a while... probably too used to high capacity skimmers with their instant kick-in :lol:

post-69-1168364272.jpg

• SRC Member

Actually I have this crazy idea of covering the entire bottom with Green Star Polyps :lol:

U sure got many ideas up ur sleeves :idea: Wonder if u gonna start a S.H nano tank ? since u aleady experiences a LPS tank. It'll be kinda of a challenge and different species of marine life to keep :)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Bro Sunny... yes I think it will be available locally pretty soon... do check out Tunze's website for local wholesalers and retailers :P If you are not in a hurry... do allow me to run this little guy for a week or two :eyebrow: You can order from www.sewatec.com also... but the overall price to pay (esp. the freight charges) can be steep :(

Not in a hurry ;)

will wait for your review before i decide :lol:

some shrimps ?

go straight to the ultimate challenge

nano full SPS tank :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

constant kalkwaser n calcium will make them spread e whole bottom in no time..

but r u sure u wan to do tht?

wun u get bored of it ?

when u wan to change then still hav to scrap them cus they sure stick to glass one..

I also have this similar idea. :lol:

But my tank is not bb. <_< So decided to cover my bare LR with GSP instead. :lol:

Now where can I find a few pieces of nice GSP :P

but r u sure u wan to do tht?

wun u get bored of it ?

when u wan to change then still hav to scrap them cus they sure stick to glass one..

Wow... then I can post:

FOR SALE: Buy GSP get tank FOC :lol:

some shrimps ?

go straight to the ultimate challenge

nano full SPS tank :)

Thanks bro Hammy for the challenge... I can't even get SPS to thrive in a large system... yet :lol:

mayb u can keep soft coral in tis tank..

is this tank water link some how to ur other tanks?

looking forward to a colourful mushies n ricordia garden...

With a single 27W PL... I don't think many corals or softies will look great :unsure:

No, this tank is isolated from my main system... solely supported by the Tunze Nano Reefpack 200 and water from my main tank (for water change) :heh:

Water temperature not desirable... hovers around 29ºC to 30ºC... with the air con switched on for hours... the temperature will drop to the 28ºC <_< There goes my grand and crazy ideas... stick to Zoas I guess :unsure: Unless... unless... unless :heh:

Added a Hydor Koralia 1 to improve water circulation and to add some surface agitation... working flawlessly... I am really glad Hydor considered producing such a low capacity model... truly a NANO model :)

post-69-1168442624.jpg

Here's another shot... the K1 is placed at the right top corner :)

post-69-1168446365.jpg

Since there isn't a need for cycling... I've decided to add in 2 tiny fish today... here's one of them :P

And the Zoas are opening well under the 27W PL :heh:

post-69-1168446473.jpg

And this Bi-Colour Blenny... this guy has lots of character... both fish are tiny... both below $5 :)

post-69-1168446554.jpg

• SRC Member
And this Bi-Colour Blenny... this guy has lots of character... both fish are tiny... both below $5 :)

ya.. the Bi-color blenny has his unique character.. my dotter refers it as the 'old grandpa'... :lol::lol:

hey.. give us a FTS of the nano........