Tunze Nano or AquaC Nano Remora

escagort

• SRC Member

tunze standard doc seems a good skimmer but the nano looks way to simple. alot of features in the other DOC skimmers seem missing

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

got aquaC nano remora???? new skimmer??

yup , i saw the nano remora in RC . just somewhat smaller than the standard remora. however i dun think it is available in singapore as yet. why not the deltec MCE 300 as the price is quite attractive.

:)

seem that nano is back in thrend. hee hee

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

hmm thanks keep the opinon coming. I am trying to compare these skimmers as it is not cheap for a 1 footer NANO tank but if I must spend I will do it for the sake of this lovely hobby :P

I have not seen a Nano Remora before... but MCE 300 is IMO a little too large for your 1ft nano tank... how often do you plan to do water change? And what kinda fish you intend to keep? If you plan to do water change weekly and keep your stock level low... you may not need a protein skimmer... coz do bear in mind all these fancy equipments will add heat to your already tiny amount of water :)

All the best! :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

yup , i saw the nano remora in RC . just somewhat smaller than the standard remora. however i dun think it is available in singapore as yet. why not the deltec MCE 300 as the price is quite attractive.

:)

seem that nano is back in thrend. hee hee

ooo icic...

This is my 1st in Marine after many years in Planted tanks. I am trying my hands on some simple and hardy corals. Plan to keep about 4 fishes and maybe a shrimp thus plan to get a good for my money skimmer. At the moment the Jebo HOB is not really up to my expectation but hey if comapring to the price it cost I cannot complain more. BTW Jervis nice setup you have after reading 12+ pages on your setup. I will take a photo and show u all how my tank setup, at the moment I am leaning more to the Tunze 9002 but it is a in tank skimmer which will take up precious space and that is why I look at the AquaC Remora Nano @ Marine Depot as ReefDepot do not carry it.

Post your tank thread under the members' section bro... can't wait :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica