Ming's Outdoor Tank

ming69

• SRC Member
WOAH!!!!!! :whistle

that's quite a PRATA! that's like 1 footer size or what?!?

amazing zoas collection too!

guess no need to ask for exchange of frags with ya... you probably have almost everything.

will keep a lookout for your sales...

Had the prata for some time liao. It might close to 1ft if it's happy n open big. U got some nice catch in zoas recently too. Saw a nice one with red ring in your tank pics. :eyebrow:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
nice lor. who that guy wearing white shirt? O.O ur husband? haha. nice neon goby! so big. mine still quite small, abt half urs size

Yes, that my hubby, checking out my lights. Didn't realise he was standing there when I took the pic. <_<

Got the neon goby from LCK, it's already quite big when I first got. Now, they are eating pellets too, and chasing the wrasses....

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Had the prata for some time liao. It might close to 1ft if it's happy n open big. U got some nice catch in zoas recently too. Saw a nice one with red ring in your tank pics. :eyebrow:

gosh, that's quite some prata really! was told they are happier on sandbed, but i guess for your case, the prata is good anywhere. haha.

the red ring zoas... u mean that piece that has only 5-7 polyps left?

if it is, i really regretted not fragging before i left my tank in limbo for 8 months.

Fortunately still has 5-7 polyps, still can try to salvage with some TLC...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
gosh, that's quite some prata really! was told they are happier on sandbed, but i guess for your case, the prata is good anywhere. haha.

the red ring zoas... u mean that piece that has only 5-7 polyps left?

if it is, i really regretted not fragging before i left my tank in limbo for 8 months.

Fortunately still has 5-7 polyps, still can try to salvage with some TLC...

The red ring zoas was in the midst of your man-eater colony. It has a yellow skirt or green skirt? The one I have only have brown skirt.

As for the prata, it's better for them to be one the sandbed, cos the flesh sometimes get caught on the rocks. But this one has been on that spot since day 1, seems happy there, so leave it lor. :)

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

The red ring zoas was in the midst of your man-eater colony. It has a yellow skirt or green skirt? The one I have only have brown skirt.

As for the prata, it's better for them to be one the sandbed, cos the flesh sometimes get caught on the rocks. But this one has been on that spot since day 1, seems happy there, so leave it lor. :)

hi ming, u meant this?

post-13920-1234754927.jpg

if u believe me, these are actually hitch hikers. I bought the rock (about 9 months back) coz the maneaters look red with luminous green mouth.

Lo and behold, found some really nice zoas in them. Good thing is that they are slowly growing in numbers. When they're ready for frags, i will surely call u.

the skirt is fully yellow in colour. (apologies for my bluish photos).

and the ring... ermm... i think it's also yellow in colour (let me go back and double-confirm tonight).

the face is black/dark purple in colour.

Actually, the fully yellow coloured one is nicer. but only 2 polyps. Do you have any tricks to let zoas propagate faster??

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
hi ming, u meant this?

if u believe me, these are actually hitch hikers. I bought the rock (about 9 months back) coz the maneaters look red with luminous green mouth.

Lo and behold, found some really nice zoas in them. Good thing is that they are slowly growing in numbers. When they're ready for frags, i will surely call u.

and the ring... ermm... i think it's also yellow in colour (let me go back and double-confirm tonight).

Actually, the fully yellow coloured one is nicer. but only 2 polyps. Do you have any tricks to let zoas propagate faster??

No tricks leh. Guess it just the usual, like lights, flow, space to grow, and more lights? :D

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

hi ming, u meant this?

where u buy e rock of zoas frm ?

nice stuff? did i c a mushroom in there ????

where u buy e rock of zoas frm ?

nice stuff? did i c a mushroom in there ????

bro, a few months back already, honestly can't remember le.

there are actually 3 mushies in the rock too. (but the mushies are nothing to shout about, think it's some dark purple or brown ones)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
U compare with bro nuclear fibre, see the same or not. I'm not sure....

Bro Ambystoma, show u the 'indonesia' bam bam orange.... since i realise u are always curious abt it...

Never posted before, so this is the first time i've revealed them.... :eyebrow:

Anyway i am suspecting that it was probably a mixup from an indo shipment... really never seen them before in indo shipments. Dun know if urs is the same as what i posted or not, but this is what i meant when i said that i ever bought bam bams from an indo shipment, probably because at the time i bought the zoas there were no exotic shipments... so i guessed they were from indo....

post-13004-1234801985.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro Ambystoma, show u the 'indonesia' bam bam orange.... since i realise u are always curious abt it...

Never posted before, so this is the first time i've revealed them.... :eyebrow:

Anyway i am suspecting that it was probably a mixup from an indo shipment... really never seen them before in indo shipments. Dun know if urs is the same as what i posted or not, but this is what i meant when i said that i ever bought bam bams from an indo shipment, probably because at the time i bought the zoas there were no exotic shipments... so i guessed they were from indo....

I always thot "US" zoas are mostly from indon. We don't get them b'cos these are ship to the US cos they fetch a better price. Guess it's not surprising that we can sometimes get nice zoas in the indon shipement if our eyes are sharp enuf. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Nice catch Bro nf. :eyebrow:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• Senior Reefer

ming69, can i ask u a question since ur the zoo expert? i got 5 zoos, 3 indon and 2 US zoo from iwarna shipment. my indon zoos all CMI one...but my US zoos. (red and green eagle eye), no matter how many times kena topple by fish, no matter how many time kena spit sand on, it still open up nicely and growing summore! but my indon zoo all CMI. isit coincidence? or......something else. my US zoos not attatched to a rock btw. is skin only...i just put on rock let it attatch itself :)

• SRC Member
ming69, can i ask u a question since ur the zoo expert? i got 5 zoos, 3 indon and 2 US zoo from iwarna shipment. my indon zoos all CMI one...but my US zoos. (red and green eagle eye), no matter how many times kena topple by fish, no matter how many time kena spit sand on, it still open up nicely and growing summore! but my indon zoo all CMI. isit coincidence? or......something else. my US zoos not attatched to a rock btw. is skin only...i just put on rock let it attatch itself :)

Me no expert lah, just have many zoas only. :D

Don't know why the zoas not opening, but if u leave the zoas on a rock, they will attached themselves over time.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Me no expert lah, just have many zoas only. :D

Don't know why the zoas not opening, but if u leave the zoas on a rock, they will attached themselves over time.

thanks (: i think i buy only US zoos next time ah. all the indo zoos i buy CMI one. haha. the US ones started to stick to the rock and grow new plyps le (: happi

I always thot "US" zoas are mostly from indon. We don't get them b'cos these are ship to the US cos they fetch a better price. Guess it's not surprising that we can sometimes get nice zoas in the indon shipement if our eyes are sharp enuf. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Nice catch Bro nf. :eyebrow:

From a credible source, the above statement is true. So keep your eyes peeled when you go LFS-ing. (:

and, nice catch too NF (:

Cheers

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

US zoos = INDO zoos

US zoos = ok

INDO zoos = CMI

the equation nt tally lehz.. lolx...

u c bro nuclear fibre also post the bam bam from indo..

but if u realli notice zoos tht come from US is much cleaner and healthy

mayb they qurantine well..

indo zoos r rather dirty,poylps with sand and rock always full of pest critters...

True...some how indon zoos cmi one...

Actually I beg to differ on your statement bro.

I sincerely believe that all zoas have potential to grow into something we least expect to, provided you give them enough light and flow and space to grow.

Cheers (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

but if u realli notice zoos tht come from US is much cleaner and healthy

mayb they qurantine well..

indo zoos r rather dirty,poylps with sand and rock always full of pest critters...

I happen to play with an Indo zoa. Very dirty but turned out to be a blue zoa with yellow center.

Cheers (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.