Ming's Outdoor Tank

ming69

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
So far no signs of fighting at the moment.

Just saw the 2 yt swimming together. Maybe the tanks is big enough for the 3 of them.

Wonder wat will happen if I add a powder blue. :huh::P

I place my bet on a confirm fight between the powder blue and ur 2 YTs. Powder blue are more aggressive than YT :huh:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

I place my bet on a confirm fight between the powder blue and ur 2 YTs. Powder blue are more aggressive than YT :huh:

So, it's better to leave the more aggressive ones til later, right?

How 'bout a sailfin or purple or convict? Like to have this tank as a Tang Tank leh.....

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

So, it's better to leave the more aggressive ones til later, right?

How 'bout a sailfin or purple or convict? Like to have this tank as a Tang Tank leh.....

well as far as I could remember, naso, blue mimic and brittletooth tangs are all of mild characters and should be one of the first to introduced in the new tank. The blue powder tangs or rather the powder tang family should be the last to go into ur tank, due to their aggressive nature.

Maybe I listed down some of the tangs from not so aggressive nature Tangs to aggressive Tangs. Reefers out there correct me if I'm wrong, still learning here :)

1. mimic tang

2. bristtletooth tang

3. chevron tang

4. naso tang

5. blue tang

6. sergeant tang

7. orange shoulder tang

8. unicorn tang

9. convict tang this tangs are more on the friendly nature and please correct me if I have cateterised them wrongly, as I still trying to find out more of their nature by keeping them :rolleyes:

10.Yellow tang

11. sailfin Tang

12. Purple Tang

12. Powder Tang family this group more of the aggressive nature :pinch:

For the following tangs, anyone can group them ?

1. Black tang :yeah:

2. Gem tang :bow:

3. A.T B)

4. hybrid tang :heh:

Hummm.... looking at it, now I seems to have post a questions here !! :fear: Sorry Ming, Me lor soh so much in ur thread :sick:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Not at all!! Good for me to learn too.

At least, I won't blur blur, anyhow buy.

According to your list, my next buy should be orange shoulder or convict tang.

Wonder if it's too late to add a blue tang in my cube, now that I have a sailfin & yellow tang inside.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
Not at all!! Good for me to learn too.

At least, I won't blur blur, anyhow buy.

According to your list, my next buy should be orange shoulder or convict tang.

Wonder if it's too late to add a blue tang in my cube, now that I have a sailfin & yellow tang inside.

its only a guide so no need to follow like a Doc's prescription :lol::P . I also like to keep many types of Tangs, but sometimes no luck as they died shortly after :( Its mostly due to stress by other Tang's presence or died of hunger :cry2: U might wanna wait n hear other seniors here input their views of Tang's nature/chracters :huh:

• SRC Member

if you really want a powder tang, put it in before your other tang, they die easily due to stress, if kena whack most prob will not feed and die off. they might be aggressive but the rest of the tangs (except for at) are hardy fish, so they will not die so easily due to stress.

anyway to end with the list, you will have clown and sohal tang.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got new crabbies also... post!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Bit hard to take pics as they have disappeared into the rocks.

Will see if can see them in the morning....

Oh yes, they do look like spiders. Didn't touch them either...

Think they would be hard to catch if want to remove from tank.

Hmmm....

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg