The Big Day! 5x2.5x2.5

Tanggy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tank really looks wonderful... making me wanna start a new project soon :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hey very very nice! everything fits in so well!

--------------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in my HDB

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member
well plan n tank is awesome! so wats its goona be..sps? lps? fowlr? mixreef? :bow:

Well.. will be transferring the live stock from my current tank. The move will take a while. Dont wanna overload the tank. Its gonna be a reef tank. Softies and LPS. :lol:

• SRC Member

The piping will be done tonight. Will run 2 returns. Still need to get a skimmer. Current tank using a Macro. would like to get a backett skimer or needle wheel. Any suggestions? Lobangs? hee... running low on resources liao. The reno has drained me dry.

Too ambitious liao. all tile in house changed except bomb shelter. I even changed the ugly toilet bowls and sink provided by HDB :P So now can bomb more comfortably! ke ke :P:lol:

... running low on resources liao. The reno has drained me dry.

Have you spoken to JAMES yet :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

You referring to the JAMES car loans? ke ke :P

Hehe... I think they loan for tank setup too :D

• SRC Member

Hehe... I think they loan for tank setup too :D

they do a reno loan, personal loan, wedding dinner loan.

I can understand yr plight. I just finished my renovation a few months back. Can wait patiently for 2nd hand goods. Beckkett are really cheap these days.

• SRC Member

they do a reno loan, personal loan, wedding dinner loan.

I can understand yr plight. I just finished my renovation a few months back. Can wait patiently for 2nd hand goods. Beckkett are really cheap these days.

Thanks for the suggestions. But trying to keep debt free. already servicing 2 car loans. no need for another loan! (They suck you dry!!!) keke... will slow down abit on stocking up. :P:lol:

• SRC Member
Thanks for the suggestions. But trying to keep debt free. already servicing 2 car loans. no need for another loan! (They suck you dry!!!) keke... will slow down abit on stocking up. :P:lol:

dude..nice reno and nice tank... if i have to redo my house i will copy urs...keke.

ya.. cash is KING! best to be debt free.. i waiting for my car loan to be finished then i can spen a few hundred on reefing!! woohoo... but... but.. it is like 6 yr more to service the loan........ :cry::cry:

... but... but.. it is like 6 yr more to service the loan........ :cry::cry:

That's a good one... mine also 6 more dreadful years to go :cry2:

and b4 6 yrs r over u will be changing a new car.. and e cycle repeats..

So true dude... haiz... what to do... :cry:

Ok back to reefing... bro Tanggy mind sharing some details of your existing tank? As for your skimmer... personally I prefer needlewheel (or whatever fancy name some call it) as they consumes lesser energy :)

• SRC Member

That's a good one... mine also 6 more dreadful years to go :cry2:

I have yet to start my car loan. But apparently they dun like pple to pay all in cash. When my mom bought her car, the sales guy kept insisting that she takes at least a 2 year loan.

As for me, got to wait till my pay increase by another 1k before I consider a car...As for now, reefing is more impt.

• SRC Member

I have yet to start my car loan. But apparently they dun like pple to pay all in cash. When my mom bought her car, the sales guy kept insisting that she takes at least a 2 year loan.

As for me, got to wait till my pay increase by another 1k before I consider a car...As for now, reefing is more impt.

Thats becos they make more if you loan more. And they price of car now is very misleading. Looks cheap but unless you have a lot of cash, it will end up more expensive.

Me and my friend got the same car but 2 yrs apart. The car is 10 k less than my and I loan bout 8k more. but he is paying more than I am monthly. Same duration some more.

Difference is my loan is 1.99% and his is 4.5%. So let say 10yrs loan of 40K mine would be $7960 in interest ($399 monthly) but his is $18000 in interest( monthly $483). All this just cos he took the cash back of 4K. not worth it. even minus the 4K from the interest, still pay 14K interest eg. :angry:

• SRC Member

Ok back to reefing... bro Tanggy mind sharing some details of your existing tank? As for your skimmer... personally I prefer needlewheel (or whatever fancy name some call it) as they consumes lesser energy :)

Well the tank guys came to fix piping yesterday. but cannot finish cos need to complete some laminating on the cabinet before all piping can go in. :(

I also need to get a skimmer soon. Anybody got any lobang or know of anyone selling off their skimmer? (beckett or needlewheel for a 1000lt+)

• SRC Member

Please have a look here for my existing setup. :)

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/tanggy/