3 feet tank

• SRC Member

most wavemaker (at least the better branded ones) have instructions on installations as well as technical specs.. depending on the country of origin, you may have to do some conversion from gallons to litres and vice versa..

tank size compatibility is usually proportionate to wattage.

HHT... :D

• SRC Member

Hihi Ridzwan... I m using Tunze TS24 (ie 2 X 6100 turbelle) for my 3 by 3 by 2.5

There is no hard n fast rule to choosing a wavemaker. It depends on what you intend to keep & then how you conifgure yr flow directions ... u'll need some trial & error to get the correct flow configuration for yr tank as every tank has a different setup in terms of rocks etc ... My errors caused my bubbles & hammer corals to literally hv their flesh torn away but the sunnies, cauliflowers, acros, montis, torch, galaxy. mushies, star polyps all doing very well ... alot hv to do with deflecting and playing the currents off rocks n glass

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Tunze... no compromise :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
think i'll juz ask the shop what exactly i should get..

dude,

dun be so kancheong la.. though it is good to seek advice from the LFS, but no harm come back SRC to seek advice from other experts to see if the proposed solution were the optimum to give best bang for the buck and flow...

:peace:

dude,

dun be so kancheong la.. though it is good to seek advice from the LFS, but no harm come back SRC to seek advice from other experts to see if the proposed solution were the optimum to give best bang for the buck and flow...

:peace:

yup.. i know that.. anyway i didnt say i'm not gonna seek advice here at src.. thanks anyway..

Hihi Ridzwan... I m using Tunze TS24 (ie 2 X 6100 turbelle) for my 3 by 3 by 2.5

There is no hard n fast rule to choosing a wavemaker. It depends on what you intend to keep & then how you conifgure yr flow directions ... u'll need some trial & error to get the correct flow configuration for yr tank as every tank has a different setup in terms of rocks etc ... My errors caused my bubbles & hammer corals to literally hv their flesh torn away but the sunnies, cauliflowers, acros, montis, torch, galaxy. mushies, star polyps all doing very well ... alot hv to do with deflecting and playing the currents off rocks n glass

how do i configure the flow directions? can u explain? btw, i'm not keeping sps..

thanks thanks..

• SRC Member

if u r not keeping sps , maybe the 6100 cud be too strong. This wud esp be the case if u intend to keep lps tank. But it cud help u avoid future upgrade if u decide to go for sps in future. The trick is to avoid hvg too strong wave on yr lps. So u can direct the wave against the side glass of the tank or against a piece of live rock .

Another word of caution is - what is the grade of sand that u r using in the tank? Grade 0 & 1 sand may be too fine & a strong wavemaker cud cause a permanent sand storm in yr tank. I hv since reverted back to grade 3 myself

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

if u r not keeping sps , maybe the 6100 cud be too strong. This wud esp be the case if u intend to keep lps tank. But it cud help u avoid future upgrade if u decide to go for sps in future. The trick is to avoid hvg too strong wave on yr lps. So u can direct the wave against the side glass of the tank or against a piece of live rock .

Another word of caution is - what is the grade of sand that u r using in the tank? Grade 0 & 1 sand may be too fine & a strong wavemaker cud cause a permanent sand storm in yr tank. I hv since reverted back to grade 3 myself

Will just 1 piece of tunze 6060 be enuff? think my sand is g 1.. thx thx

• SRC Member

Maybe you can try tunze stream 6000.. it is controllable, and you can adjust the flow ;)

Sweet...i was also told by a fellow reefer that the controllable tunze 6000 would be nice for a 3ft....heh if not enuf just add a cute cute nano stream.... :peace: