PingPong's First (AquaMedic Percula 90)

pingpong

haha.. cannot compare la... he is much more passionate about this hobby than me.... :paiseh::paiseh:

Well... let's add some fire... we need FIRE :evil::evil::evil:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
excellent scaping bro!

but juz a cent's worth of tots.. maybe e scaping is tooo close to the front panel of e glass? you might have a problem cleaning it in e future, when diatoms and stuff appears..

Hmmm.... like they have said, leave more space the rocks and the glass. Will look better that way and more space for the sand stars or sand dollar next time round too.

colinsoon & moi_dar,

i will try what i can do, but seriously i'm restricted by the sizes of LR i have. the P90 is not exactly 2ft in width, more likely 1.5-1.7ft, and my LR are in the range of med-large...

:thanks:

• SRC Member

hi dude,

hmmm... there is one return pump outlet at the bottom centre of the P90... thanks for the reminder.... will look into it......

:thanks::thanks:

The return pipe is low. If touch wood, the pump spoil will it overflow the back IOS compartment or is there a safety catch?

• SRC Member
The return pipe is low. If touch wood, the pump spoil will it overflow the back IOS compartment or is there a safety catch?

the P90 will not have overflow of IOS if the pump is out..there is no sump too. see the diagram of the P90 and you will understand:

73192336.jpg

• SRC Member

more abt the Hydroids

A Japanese researcher, Dr. Yayoi Hirano, provided the following information:

"They are crawling hydromedusae, in the species Staurocladia oahuensis. There are about 15 species of this genus known in the world. All of them have branched tentacles, and can adhere to substrata, such as algae, by the tentacles, with the surface with eyespots facing upward. The tip of the lower branches are used for adhesion, and the upper branches have a few or more (depending on species) nematocyst clusters. Arrangement of the nematocyst clusters is a key to identify species. They reproduce asexually either by budding or fission, so under favorable conditions they often can become abundant in aquariums. This species has been found in a fish farm and also in a abalone aquaculture center in Japan. It seems the species has a high rate of asexual reproduction under favorable conditions. Even one jellyfish accidentally introduced in an aquarium may increase in a population of hundreds within a few months if the conditions are really good. It is also very possible that the polyp stage of the species lives on corals or rocks which may be brought into the aquaria. The polyps may form a dense colony if it is provided with much food. Within a short time the number of polyps may be very large, and the polyps may produce many jellyfish. The jellyfish and polyps will eat Artemia nauplii and copepods."

the above are quoted from the following link: http://thereeftank.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-32411.html

• SRC Member
Show us ur Uv man..

"UV man" ?? hmm.. part of X-men crew har? keke... never get yet la... the place so crowded in the evening!!!!

so fast?

i tho he was "thinking" of getting 1

ya.. still thinking.. and waiting for u to transfer some money to me... :P:P

Oh that's the reason why you wanna run a UV Sterilizer? :erm: Actually not too bad an idea :kiss:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

To get rid of those aliens from Crystal Planet? :lol:

haha.. no la... u forgot liao i told u before liao mah... the alien is found in the P90... ;);)

Now I'm confused... you have 2 tanks sharing 1 thread? :lol:

ermmmm... what 2 tanks? :lol:

Ok let me finish my cup of coffee... then talk :lol::lol::lol: