PingPong's First (AquaMedic Percula 90)

pingpong

SPS? no la... let me go play with LPS and soft corals first la.........

Haha... just kidding lah... u probably gotto wait 1 year for my tank to be anywhere ready to fragging... by then it's about time lor :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some things I learn about scaping. Basically there are a few types of scaping:

1) More for fish, need a lot of lobangs. Nice curved rocks serve best in this type of scaping. Don't lean the rocks against any walls and try to stack the rocks creating as many lobang as possible. Create a higher back scape to make it looks nice.

2) More for corals... then stack as many rocks as possible to create a slope effect High at the back and low on the front. Make sure rocks are not those smooth and regular ones cos then the corals difficult to place on them unless you intend to glue them on.

3) Then there is the V shape valley scaping. Whereby the rocks are higher on both sides and got lobang in the centre. I think this one more versatile. Can suit both corals and fish if place nicely.

Btw, remember to have a clear space for the sand bed if you intend to have starfish and sand dollar.

I learn from others one. Hope it is useful though it didn't help me when I was scaping ha ha ha... :lol:

• SRC Member
Some things I learn about scaping. Basically there are a few types of scaping:

1) More for fish, need a lot of lobangs. Nice curved rocks serve best in this type of scaping. Don't lean the rocks against any walls and try to stack the rocks creating as many lobang as possible. Create a higher back scape to make it looks nice.

2) More for corals... then stack as many rocks as possible to create a slope effect High at the back and low on the front. Make sure rocks are not those smooth and regular ones cos then the corals difficult to place on them unless you intend to glue them on.

3) Then there is the V shape valley scaping. Whereby the rocks are higher on both sides and got lobang in the centre. I think this one more versatile. Can suit both corals and fish if place nicely.

Btw, remember to have a clear space for the sand bed if you intend to have starfish and sand dollar.

I learn from others one. Hope it is useful though it didn't help me when I was scaping ha ha ha... :lol:

hey moi da, u can become reef scape counsellor liao... details yet shoet and sweet :bow:

think u could offer PP a helping besides ur valuable advice, right ? :P

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

:thanks: for the summary...

keke.. but the key thing was your concluding statement......... :lol::lol:

Well... Thats indeed very HELPFUL.... :D

Me also just had my rescape yesterday. My wife was asking me to move this here and move this there... Woke up this morning with backache sia...

I'm back.

Looking much better bro!!! Well done... I like the cave (side view) :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

rock on bottom left kinda too near to front leh <_<

will have hard time cleaning dat part tho :lol:

maybe use toothbrush? :lol::lol::lol:

TaJie got a point there PP... but try not to remove that rock lah... it looks nice now :unsure:

:lol::lol:

anything lah ;)

he can call whatever he likes :P

I'm just following the guys... but come to think of it... the teens call you Ta Jie... I shouldn't follow :lol:

• SRC Member
I'm back.

73150247.jpg

73150248.jpg

Well indeed, the scape does looks better, :P however I got a point for u... Both the side rocks seems too near to the tank glass.

U might wanna consider leaving gaps whereby there's room for the magnet cleaner to go thru for ur weekly glass maintenance :unsure:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
wah ping pong.... u must be the most patient reefer i've ever seen. Making sure everythings well and good, well cycled. ;)

This current scaping's looking real good!

keke... thanks

depending on which side u look la.. positive side is patient, negative side is lazy....

• SRC Member
Well indeed, the scape does looks better, :P however I got a point for u... Both the side rocks seems too near to the tank glass.

U might wanna consider leaving gaps whereby there's room for the magnet cleaner to go thru for ur weekly glass maintenance :unsure:

keke..i see what i can do about it.. like they said, scared once take some pieces out cannot put back to original form liao..... :pinch::pinch:

• SRC Member

haha.. cannot compare la... he is much more passionate about this hobby than me.... :paiseh::paiseh:

did u do it alone or with helpers for the scaping ? :unsure: cause not easy to scape alone, gotta climb up and down to check and see and look ... till beary satisfy :P