• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

nothing much to update since the tank is still cycling.... :snore::snore:

never chiong LFS too (I'm surprised by that too :look::look: )

but hiak i chiong equipment shop... :cry::cry:

yvoneysl's previous recommendation of the TLF Phosban Reactor 150 for my P90 was always bugging me.... and off i went to read the manual of the TLF 150..one reactor can handle up to 150 gallons of water! wakaoz that's more than double the capacity of the P90....

:yeah::yeah:

also found that there are many reefers (with MUCH BIGGER tanks) in SRC using the TLS 150....

best of all is the TLS 150 comes with mount to be hang on the tank.. nice!!!

so off i went to exchange the Skimz FR with the TLF 150....

72673843.jpg

72673844.jpg

and since i dun need high flow rate (recommended flow rate is 115-190l/hr) and the TLS 150 will be hang, i.e. minimal headloss from the pump.. i traded in the Eheim Compact 600 for a Compact 300... keke............

darn... ended up spending more money again........ai...........

• SRC Member

don't worry...I have more first class recommendations for you :evil:

:thanks: in advance! :angry::angry:

keke..

eh dude.. u run Sorb-4 + Carbon in ur single Skimz FR har? any problem har? i thinking of doing the same thing too for the TLF 150 leh...

• SRC Member
eh dude.. u run Sorb-4 + Carbon in ur single Skimz FR har? any problem har? i thinking of doing the same thing too for the TLF 150 leh...

I removed the FR long ago...PO4 & NO3 all take care by the marcoagleas.

This is what I call natural biological way :lol:

If you want I can sell u my FR chaep cheap... :lol::evil: sorry, forgotten u already bought one :evil:

first class recommendation somemore :whistle:lol:

Well you can always run twin chambers :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Pardon me, what a FR for? Correct me if I am wrong. Is it to remove NO4, PO3 and one more chemical before the water returns to the tank? Usually used in a sump only? :ph34r:

read this for explaination of FR: http://www.easyreefer.com/learning_center_...ed_reactors.php

think most reefers run phosphate adsorbing media or carbon in the FR...

if there is sump, FR will be there like skimmer... else it will be directly connected to the tank.....

but for your case (u are using cannister rite?), you could put the phosphate adsorbing media or carbon in the filter if it allows.........

• SRC Member
Sorry to hitch on your thread.

Can tell me how to calibrate chiller?

:thanks:

ops! my bad... when i mentioned 'calibrate' in my earlier posting, i mean to make sure the temp show on the chiller is indeed the actual temp of the water from the tank..

• SRC Member
interesting thread u have here :lol:

no new FTS yet? <_<

cheers~~~ :D

Wah Pingpong, your thread is getting more popular by the day. Must post more here next time.

haha... my thread far from interesting la... just some nonsense stuff while waiting for the cycle of the tank to complete........

but pls come often and post as u like :lol:

• SRC Member
Run dual chamber then. I am doing that too. Carbon then Phos remover. Quite effective.

hi piero,

ya running another FR will be an alternative... but will mean more cost and take up more space.....

lemme think abt it ;)

:thanks:

lemme think abt it ;)

Since you will be thinking about it... may I add... running dual chambers have the following benefits:

1) Carbon and PO4 remover require different flow rate... carbon should have higher flow through its chamber... so separate chambers with separate valve will allow you to control them separately.

2) Carbon and PO4 remover wear-out at different rate... carbon requires more frequent replacement.

Hehe... I think you got your answer already :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Another crucial benefit is... both medias come in different granule size and weight... so by putting them into a single chamber... u will find it harder to make both the media "dance"... most probably you will get the PO4 remover media at the surface "dancing" (coz they are usually lighter and finer) and the carbon will sink to the bottom :(

• SRC Member

ok.. after some thoughts... i have decided to go for 4x39W T5 for my lighting requirement.... dun think i will keep SPS for this tank... so far i still prefer/like LPS and soft corals.......

intend to use all ATI...

question is what combination should i go for?

2xAquaBlue Special + 2xBlue Plus?

:thanks::thanks:

You have already gotten the answer dude :lol:

• SRC Member
ok.. after some thoughts... i have decided to go for 4x39W T5 for my lighting requirement.... dun think i will keep SPS for this tank... so far i still prefer/like LPS and soft corals.......

intend to use all ATI...

PP if u hv some extre $$$, go stright to 6 x 39W

more combination to play with... also future proof for SPS

I will go for 3 x blue plus, 2 x aquablue & 1 x super white

if maintain as 4x T5, 2xAquaBlue Special + 2xBlue Plus is a good choice as what JM suggested

ps- take my advise at yr own risk... remenber I'm a newbie like u :ph34r: