Put bubble LPS into tank at night...

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I had a 1 week old yellow tang in my tank. Seemed to be doing fine as it was eating and swimming around, a little shy sometimes.

I bought the bubble LPS from Hammy and put bubble into my tank at night, with only dim wall light on. Next morning, my yellow tang was dead! No blister spots on body...just dead :( . The tang wasn't skinny, no ich, no breathing problems, no signs of stress!

Could it have been stung by the bubbles and died?

Any advise before I buy a replacement yellow tang?

Thanks!

• SRC Member
No way the bubble will kill it. Any other suspects in ur tank or maybe bristleworm?

yup agreed with kenneth. could be other culprits. ;) how old is ur tank? any other inhabitants ?

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Fishes do take a while to settle down... 1 week is too short a period to be considered stable therefore the death of your YT could just be a coincidental occurance... I don't think it has anything to do with the introduction of the Bubble Coral.

It's always good practice (and habit) to find out the reason behind the sudden death.

Do a major water tests and fix/improve the water condition before introducing another YT.

Btw, how long has your tank been running?

Je®vis

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Tank was rescaped about 3 weeks ago, using old water, old sand, old live rocks. Changed from Eheim cannister filter to plenum/DSB in main tank. Do not have a sump as I travel a lot and I needed a very simplified tank setup. I'll stop adding livestock for now and will go home later to measure water parameters.

Thanks for advise on bubble...I wasn't sure how stingy it'll get with fishes.

I wasn't sure how stingy it'll get with fishes.

I will say... no effect at all :) But... dun put other corals close to it ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
can also be because of cyanide...

I agreed with flamey's explanation too. fish caught by cyanide do not last long. they got short life span as there are already cyanide in the body system and will died from the poison in short run. :( I too got fishes feeding happily and healthy, but discovered dead for no reasons :cry:

to add on, bubbles do not sting fishes B)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

doing a major water change might help??

Try not to do MAJOR water change... it will put unnecessary stress to your LS and your back (and pocket).

• 2 weeks later...