Coral farm in LCK lane 6

ECBM

• SRC Member

I had just visited Coral Fram in LCK lane 6, the boss Mr Peh me that he is going to bring Hard corals n live rock that appove by AVA one in 2 week time :lol: ....... well .... other place can get LFS laio :D but the price will be........... ;):o:(:ph34r::blink:

He says that the hard corals and clams are not for sale.

They are just in transit for one of his import/export customers coz they came from far away... and he wants to ensure that they are ok before receiving from.

They don't intend to get AVA cleared hardcorals/clams in for sale as they don't have the facilities for them yet. Also they are unsure about local demand and how the market and industry will react to the high prices.

AT

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
They don't intend to get AVA cleared hardcorals/clams in for sale as they don't have the facilities for them yet. Also they are unsure about local demand and how the market and industry will react to the high prices.

Any chance they would consider bringing a reasonable amount of SPS for those of us who are interested....(if we can get at least a few of us guys who are keen in those "coloured SPS" and willing to pay a premium price)...???????

Cos I don't think I will ever get a chance to hold onto any of those acros seen in those US reefs...... :(

If you enquire of any of the US LFS, they dun ship out of the US... at the most to Canada.

The journey is too far and most of the livestock have a poor shipping rate over that distance.

What's ironic is that most of the nice acros and clams from this region are reserved for the US market because they are prepared to pay a premium and because our market is too small/low demand.

Hopefully, we can change their minds soon as local advanced hobbyists show that we have the interest and means to keep them.

AT

Well... if you intend to turn the whole industry on its head... be my guest! :D

Let's just say that everyone's waiting for the good stuff... but no one's willing to risk anything... like before.

Demand and supply... is a game we are pawns of.

• SRC Member
What's ironic is that most of the nice acros and clams from this region are reserved for the US market because they are prepared to pay a premium and because our market is too small/low demand.

Hopefully, we can change their minds soon as local advanced hobbyists show that we have the interest and means to keep them.

AT

Strange then..... What happens if we can get a group willing to pay a premium price for these acros??? Any chance that the Suppliers woudl entertain us???

Cos doesn't make much sense to get these from shipped in from US where they are actually from this region....

And I reckon that if at least a few interested in willing to fork out a little more.... shouldn't be that much, I hope..... considering no need for other charges incurred... like shipping..... :)

• SRC Member

I don't mind paying S$100-200 for a good colony of acro. It will still be cheaper than what the state side is paying for wild colonies.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Well, to my knowledge, the last time my friend ordered his own "shipment", he spent almost $6,000 on walt smith's jewels, bought through a WS distributor from states. I really salivated at his tank (or maybe should call it a mini swimming pool).

If we can clobber together about the same amount, then I can ask him to contact his lfs contact again.

PM me your wishlist in the following format. Will take about 2mths fro morder to delivery :(

Example (what I want)

Poccilopora eydouxi 2-3" three pieces

Poccilopora eydouxi 6" one piece

Acropora Gemmifera 2-3" one pieces

Prices (indicative only, I can only confirm very close to order date):

2-3" acropora around S$60

6" acropora from $250 up

Of course I reserve the right to reject orders from people I am wary of.

EL

• SRC Member

I will love to, but he is a businessman and is constantly on the move. I am also trying to get into his house for a 2nd look :) and maybe if his sps are fully settled in he will spare me a few :)

But imagine a 1.5m deep tank, (forgot the length/width but they are huge, I know cos I had to swim in the tank when helping him place LR), outdoors, with a shallow glass greenhouse built over it, comes attached with a airconditioned viewing area-######-chitchat room, and what he calls a "engine" room to house the equipment.......

No morgan, I am not crazy nor rich enough to spend 6k by myself, but if everyone here buys $500 of coral and we get 12 people that I am comfortable with......

EL

• SRC Member

Is there any way that we can go through Coral Farm...???

(I think they should have the contacts)

Think if all those who are interested and have tanks able to handle SPS would to fork out a few hundreths each to get a couple of those beautiful frags/colonies, we should be able to get a substaintial amount to validate this transaction....

And when the frags develop, we can do a trade of frags ... :lol:

I think $100 - $ 200 for a good colony of Acros..like those in US reefs in definitely a justifiable price....IMO.

I WANT TANKS LIKE THOSE SEEN IN RC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"a reeftec or Tunze stream may be necessary as well?"

No, not really a must have item but good to have it if you can afford. Got good review on RC.

There are other ways of creating turbulent flow, eg more powerheads position at different area of the tank.

Aha! Another mad reefer!! :D

A swimming pool size reef tank?!!! When can we organise a visit there?

Hmmmm.... EL, you sure it will be cheaper than getting a marine importer like CoralFarm to bring in such a large quantity?

I would definitely like to lay my hands on nice purple, limegreen acros and poccis, red montis ... :)

And how are we gonna split the best pieces? Lucky draw? Hate to see us fighting over who gets what!

*drooling already*

• SRC Member

Not swimming pool sized lah, just big enough to swim maybe 1 or 2 strokes.

Actually I am quite sure that it will be more expensive than getting a lfs to bring in the corals for us. The problem is, is there such a nice shop that is going to prepare the CITES permit for only half a dozen specimens per species (not genus) and not charge us a arm or leg? Bear in mind each and evey one of us possilby have a different sps in mind and CITES $$$ are expensive if we are bringing in one specimen of 12 diffent acro spp. Not to mention the USD100 initial charge needed to kickstart the order. The effort in sourcing each and every specimen required, blah blah blah.....

Umm, as for spliting corals, for all the effort I am making, shouldn't I have the first pick LOL. Seriously, I am more into pocillopora, maybe some montis, but not acros, so I do not forsee myself fighting with you acros-crazy people. I think fair distribution is not at the top of my piority list at the moment (we can work things out later), more important to accumulate enough mass to meet the minimum order quantity first. And frankly speaking, I do not see much chance of that happening, I am adopting a wait-and-see attitude to see if you guys walk the talk or talk the walk.

As I said, if I cannot find what I want by the time my new tank is ready, head-strong and ill-mannered EL will do things his way.

As I said, if I cannot find what I want by the time my new tank is ready, head-strong and ill-mannered EL will do things his way.

Knowing your character... did you inspire The Incredible Hulk cartoon series? :lol::D:lol:

Tell you what... I have a HK LFS reefer friend... maybe he can help with acros and stuff... besides... the stocks will be in HK and nearer us... so he can hold it to see if they are ok before picking the best pieces for us.