Overdosed reef carbonate

SpiderOne

• SRC Member

whats the fastest most dramatic way of reducing it.

Do Not want Snowflake Phenomena at all cost. a little happened yesterday but it dissolved back. or it must have been mg or sr instead of ca.

how. water cloudy now. cant put ca. should i put a straw into the tank and blow into it? any comments on this idea.

Water change is a last resort. im half asleep . and im planning to go back to sleep again now. thank u

• SRC Member

Water change or leave it and see if anything dies.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

I have no idea how much and how fast did you add the stuff so I can't tell. If you are worried, change the water. What you need to do now is to test the water for alkalinity, pH, calcium and salinity.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

ok then haiz. /me takes out the buckets. Water change time!!!

ianj its overdosed man. overdosed as in DO NOT POUR FROM THE BOTTLE INTO THE CAP OVER TANK (very impt) . theres a good chance u will drop the bottle for no apparent reason into the tank.

theres also a chance that if u use medicine bottles to drip the cap will fall out.

i dont have a hydrometer.. i dun have a single test kit. this sux.

ok then haiz. /me takes out the buckets. Water change time!!!

ianj its overdosed man. overdosed as in DO NOT POUR FROM THE BOTTLE INTO THE CAP OVER TANK (very impt) . theres a good chance u will drop the bottle for no apparent reason into the tank.

theres also a chance that if u use medicine bottles to drip the cap will fall out.

i dont have a hydrometer.. i dun have a single test kit. this sux.

Where are your priorities man?? :blink:

You want to your title to be restored??! :heh:

What have we taught you all this supper times???! :pinch:

*cuffs spidey a hard one on the head* :evil:

• SRC Member

i dun like test kits. they always give me bad news :) :) . I bring a sample of water to school every once in a while to analyze.

oh well. last night birmingham gave me some money. i'll go run down to petmart buy a set of test kits