yvoneysl

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Updates on the filtration system behind the Black Pearl V1 :lol:

Run in CR recently... still need to fine tune a bit

Ken, this pic looks like I'm looking at a LFS shop selling SPS :D Especially the propogation tank :lol: U really looked into setting up ur tank with great effort and thoughts :bow: Its clean looking somemore. Wonder so far, hw's ur elect bill withh all that pumps,lights and equips used ? :)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Ken, this pic looks like I'm looking at a LFS shop selling SPS  Especially the propogation tank  U really looked into setting up ur tank with great effort and thoughts  Its clean looking somemore. Wonder so far, hw's ur elect bill withh all that pumps,lights and equips used ? 

I started this thread on Aug but still no sign of the main tank yet... that why can spend more effect on the filtration system :lol:

Do u know how to calcuate elect bill base on wattages :D

All Pumps + wavemaker= 388W (24/7)

All lights= 618W (14hrs/day)

Chiller= 805W (6hrs/day)

Others= 50W (24/7)

Total =1861W

I started this thread on Aug but still no sign of the main tank yet... that why can spend more effect on the filtration system :lol:

Do u know how to calcuate elect bill base on wattages :D

All Pumps + wavemaker= 388W (24/7)

All lights= 618W (14hrs/day)

Chiller= 805W (6hrs/day)

Others= 50W (24/7)

Total =1861W

New eletricity tariff from 1st Jan 07 onwards is 20.02 cents per kwh

(388X24 + 618X14 + 805X6 + 50X24)=23994w per day or 23.994 Kw

23.994X$0.202=$4.846788 per day

Assuming One month 30 days it can come up to $145.40 :nuke::nuke:

Where did you got you valves and piping thinking of doing some DIY :lol:

3.5ft X 2 ft X 2.5 ft

Deltec Protein Skimmer AP 600 - Eheim Compact 1000

Deltec - NF 509

Teco RA 640 Chiller - Aqua-Bee UP 2000i Aquarium Pump

Aqua-Bee UP 7000 Aquarium Pump - return

Skimz Fluidized Reactor- Aqua-Bee UP 2000 tee off to NF 509 and CR

DE Lightings 8 x 39watts

Turbelle stream Kit TS07

23.994X$0.202=$4.846788 per day

Assuming One month 30 days it can come up to $145.40 :nuke::nuke:

Considered quite decent... looking at the scale of the project :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Considered quite decent... looking at the scale of the project :)

Yes if it includes the main tank. But when the main tank is up with all the additional pumps and wave maker will add a few more watts :lol::lol: But again this hobby we couldn't help by adding more and more equipment :D

3.5ft X 2 ft X 2.5 ft

Deltec Protein Skimmer AP 600 - Eheim Compact 1000

Deltec - NF 509

Teco RA 640 Chiller - Aqua-Bee UP 2000i Aquarium Pump

Aqua-Bee UP 7000 Aquarium Pump - return

Skimz Fluidized Reactor- Aqua-Bee UP 2000 tee off to NF 509 and CR

DE Lightings 8 x 39watts

Turbelle stream Kit TS07

Yes if it includes the main tank. But when the main tank is up with all the additional pumps and wave maker will add a few more watts :lol::lol: But again this hobby we couldn't help by adding more and more equipment :D

I think his calculation already added the main tank... his refugium/s can't possibly consume so much power :shock:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Power

Thanks for the formula & information :thanks:

I bought the PVC for a shop at Paya Ubi Ind PK...Blk 53 level 1 but cant remember the unit...

jervismun/ piero

I think $150 elect bill per months sounds reasonable with the equipments I'm running...consider eheim pumps consump more watts

And yes, that include main tank lighting base on 10 nos of 39W T5 & 4 nos of tunze streams :D

4ft tank running 10 x 39w t5?

Well... will have 6" of slightly darker area all round... especially at the top... it depends on the scaping bro Y will end up having :)

• SRC Member

Should be workable. At least the side of the glass will have lesser algae. With 10 x 39w T5, The tank might be more brighter than let's say a 4 x 54w or 6 x 54w T5 light set. I myself might be going through this route of using 3ft T5 for a 4ft tank if electricity rates goes up tremendously. With more bulbs, there will be more light tube combination to play with. This is the advantage of using more light tube. :)

• SRC Member
Should be workable. At least the side of the glass will have lesser algae. With 10 x 39w T5, The tank might be more brighter than let's say a 4 x 54w or 6 x 54w T5 light set. I myself might be going through this route of using 3ft T5 for a 4ft tank if electricity rates goes up tremendously. With more bulbs, there will be more light tube combination to play with. This is the advantage of using more light tube. 

Hahaa.. bro u realy can read my mind :lol:

10 tubes of 3ft only use 390W but 4ft need 540W, that's one 150W MH different

I'm using internal overflow for the 4 footer, so the actual usable lenght is only one meter and given the 2.5ft width, 10 tubes can cover more area.

also no point shining into the overflow compartment :upsidedown:

Might go for 12 tubes if the width allow :ph34r: still planning