SOHO reef

yvoneysl

• SRC Member
ATI and aquascience.

2 blue plus, 2 super white, and 2aquascience 14K.

So with this configurations what's the ambiance like... white, bluish or very blue :D

I'm think of using some 6500k tubes to promote SPS growth but afraid that result to yellowish

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

fishtalk1517

We r like bro...clams seow :lol:

pingpong

not now la... who one to see one big tub of LR & algaes...maybe during CNY :lol:

piero

Yes, U r most welcome

jervismun

almost forgotten about the pink gloves...beware :ph34r:

I'm think of using some 6500k tubes to promote SPS growth but afraid that result to yellowish

Should be alright as long as you have sufficient blue tubes to balance... the ATI Blue Plus offers very good balancing power :eyebrow: You have 10 tubes to play with anyway :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

So with this configurations what's the ambiance like... white, bluish or very blue :D

Its more whitish than bluish.

I used to have orsam 6000k T5 on my 3ft tank for the tank I had 4 years ago (when I first joined this fourm), which I balanced the yellowish colour with actnic tubes.

Its pretty good for SPS growth but then again I only had a few frags.

Think its quite common in the US to have some low colour temp tubes in a setup like yrs. I read in reef central. They typically add in a tube or 2 for a 6/8 tubes T5 setup.

I will go for 3 x AquaBlue Special, 4 x Blue Plus & 3 x 6500k

morning on Blue Plus first, follow by AquaBlue Special, then 6500k as afternoon sun

I think you got a good mix there...

As for the effect... it very much depending on your ballasts/switches configurations... is yours 4 + 3 + 3?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Looking at your mega rock... are the coralline algae growing or receding? :huh: Nice piece with a huge cave... ur fishes and cleaner shrimps will love it :eyebrow:

Did the anemone make it? :huh:

i believe it is still in his holding tank. :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

godzillaliu88

:thanks:

jervismun

Sharp eye :D

Instead of going through coralline algae propagation, I cook the rock inorder to

remove the hair algae attached on them... especially those on the 2 biggest rocks :sick: .

But because of the anemone, only can do semi cooking :ph34r: not so effective

As for the coralline algae, I belive they will be back :lol:

piero

The rock are kept moist during the whole process

pingpong

After the game of Lego, whole living floor wet wet.... but I think worth it

southpaw23/hammy/ piero

No!! still there ... luckily she is tough :D ... but smaller than before...

hopfully another 3 more weeks her home will be ready...poor girl :(

Err... wat do u mean by cooking the rocks? :blink::paiseh:

Oh dear... you really cook your rocks? I have not experience it before... actually since your tank is not ready... you could've just starve the hair algae or introduce predators to get rid of them in your holding tank :)